Ahh..Spring....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawin

Cranky Ole' Man
Reaction score
Spring?? Well actually the temps are up some, but still deep snow in the woods. Cutting some nice Eastern White Pine. Straight and pretty clear.

First pic. gives some idea of snow depth. That is a 20" bar on the saw.

Between wallowin' around and shovelin'...slow going. I don't try to rush it.

deep snow

That's some deep snow! We don't have any snow here.....just too wet. Nice 7900, how long have you been using it?:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers:

That's some deep snow! We don't have any snow here.....just too wet. Nice 7900, how long have you been using it?:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers:

I purchased it a year ago, and kinda rotate it with other saws. Don't cut full time.

Spring?? Well actually the temps are up some, but still deep snow in the woods. Cutting some nice Eastern White Pine. Straight and pretty clear.

First pic. gives some idea of snow depth. That is a 20" bar on the saw.

Between wallowin' around and shovelin'...slow going. I don't try to rush it.

Nice Pics, good to see your enjoying springtime?:greenchainsaw:
I bet that 7900 melts threw that white pine.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Don't get to see any snow around here so nice to see once in awhile.

Two hours ago it was raining.,., now we have 3 inches of heavy wet snow and it's coming down like crazy... I've lived here 19 years... and it doesn't snow this late...

I gotta say I am surprised to still be burning the fireplace when its almost April. I like this weather though, I hate the 110 degree days working in the summer.

100 degreees is when I actually can work like a fiend all day and be fine. I must be a repptile. I know it can be an issue for hte saws, though. Today I got to block up a fallen 30" hackberry with Godzilla, the o84 from Washington (Andy) What a machine. My buddy Richard, whose place I was on, was really imresssed. It was so much fun. I wish I were a logger.

Godzilla went through that tree like Grant through Richmond. Ya mon!:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :clap:

CAD Gollum Style

100 degreees is when I actually can work like a fiend all day and be fine. I must be a repptile. I know it can be an issue for hte saws, though. Today I got to block up a fallen 30" hackberry with Godzilla, the o84 from Washington (Andy) What a machine. My buddy Richard, whose place I was on, was really imresssed. It was so much fun. I wish I were a logger.

Godzilla went through that tree like Grant through Richmond. Ya mon!:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :clap:

OMG. this guy actually NAMED his chainsaw. Whut a flippn' NUT!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

Have you tried the square-ground skip chisel yet???:greenchainsaw:

OMG. this guy actually NAMED his chainsaw. Whut a flippn' NUT!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

yep.... but you're not alone....
BIG Brutas... comes to mind...

and.... then moy three favorites: :censored: :censored: and :censored: :censored: :censored: and :censored: :censored: :censored:

they respond well to the Gestalt approach..

snow

Two hours ago it was raining.,., now we have 3 inches of heavy wet snow and it's coming down like crazy... I've lived here 19 years... and it doesn't snow this late...

last year, last week of april we were boarding on a 36" base. This year, today matter of fact, it was 20 degrees with 20mph winds climbing today with my daughter. With wind chill it was 5 degrees, wayyyyy too cold for nearly april... Ugh, I'm ready for warm and now of a sudden I can't keep any wood around...

:confused:

Two hours ago it was raining.,., now we have 3 inches of heavy wet snow and it's coming down like crazy... I've lived here 19 years... and it doesn't snow this late...[/ And to think,you were the one getting ambitious last week and working in the yard and garden LOL

Two hours ago it was raining.,., now we have 3 inches of heavy wet snow and it's coming down like crazy... I've lived here 19 years... and it doesn't snow this late...[/ And to think,you were the one getting ambitious last week and working in the yard and garden LOL

I worked for three weeks and got it all done.. and now... I have all the early growth covered again :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back