ahhh,,burning firewood. until........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. We heat all winter. 24/7

I also have an endless supply of wood

200 sq.ft.?

That's only 10 ft. x 20 ft.. The size of the room I'm in right now.

With 5 cord?

Are you REALLY sure about the size? That's a tiny space to spend a whole winter in. Alone or otherwise.

Must nearly be holes in the walls to require 5 cords?

200 sq.ft.?

That's only 10 ft. x 20 ft.. The size of the room I'm in right now.

With 5 cord?

Are you REALLY sure about the size? That's a tiny space to spend a whole winter in. Alone or otherwise.

Must nearly be holes in the walls to require 5 cords?
I am guessing he meant 2000 sq.ft.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Similar size 2000sqft house, but a lot further south and I burn about 4-5 cord a year. I scoop out a few shovel full of ashes every morning before stokeing up the fire. About once a week I carry the ashes out and dump them in bare spots in my grassy road that goes around my shop. No problems with dust in the basement. As for removeing the bark before burning, noway. If the bark falls off the wood I use it like kindling to start fires. Just crush it up by twisting it in your hands and it will make a ton of fibers that are easy to lite. If I have a lot of bark, I just throw it in the stove and burn it like the rest of the wood. There is a lot of bark in a cord of wood and it burns hot and fast, I'm not going to waste the time, or heat, to strip it from the wood and throw it away.

Whew, bout froze out last nite. rain and temps down to 49f. Had a guy run the duct work to my remodel. He had to cut into my exsisting ductwork to make the connection. He had a emergency call and had to leave, so we left the trunk line open. This meant any heat or ac was just going to blow out the trunk line and not go to any rooms. Wasnt worried about it, I hadnt been running any heat or air the last few days. He came back today to finish it up, house was 65f. I went to turn on the heat and thought shucks, I have wood in the basement, I'll just build a fire. Supposed to get down to 39f tonite. Dont know why I wasnt smart enought to think about the stove lastnite, All these warm days for the last month I must of got out of the burning habit.

Just fired up the stove in the garage for the animals. First time in weeks. Temps are dropping at night, high to mid-30's. Just keeping the concrete slab from cooling down at night. Wouldn't bother the golden a bit, but the pit bull is pretty short haired and getting old.

Back