Airbag pressure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike PA

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody know what pressure to run in airbags? My camper has them and the manual is sorely lacking for information on pressure. It just says don't exceed 100 psi. I have them set for 60 psi right now. The load in the camper should be pretty evenly distributed, so leveling side to side isn't an issue. I'm thinking the answer is to run whatever pressure keeps the camper level on level ground, but I have no experinece with these and the manual is useless.

Thanks for any help.

We use air bags on our plow trucks and the recomendation is to measure your front or rear bumper (where ever the bags are) when the truck is empty and no plow on the truck from the bottom edge of the bumper to the ground, then put the load/plow etc... on the truck and add enough air to get the bumper height back to where it was with no load. I've learned to add a little if it starts to bounce too much and let a little out if the rides too harsh....

Latest posts

Back