Alaskan mill Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAJ45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I can NOT find an email l rcvd. I've tried Bailey's, HnL. Anyone help me here?
It seems they had a rail kit bundled as well.
I don't remember if it was a Granberg.
Are the cheaper ones flimsy or paying for the G. Name? I need a 36".
I have the plans for an Izzy Swan rig. Just want something portable.

Are the cheaper ones flimsy or paying for the G. Name? I need a 36".
Hardware on the cheap ones is junk. Tubing is tubing for the most part but nearly everyone who buys the cheap Chinese ones has to replace all the hardware. Welds are often junk too. I wanted a second one so I didn't have to switch between my 36" and 60" rails on the same rig and nearly bought a cheap one cause I had a lot of extra hardware but held out til I found a used Granberg on Ebay for a little over $100. Glad I did. My original Granberg is at least 20 years old and it's bombproof, the hardware has never needed to be replaced.

I started with a knock-off mill and one of the main supports (cast aluminum) snapped while tightening. I was using a torque wrench set below the recommended spec. They sent me an entire new mill, but since it ruined my weekend milling plans I bought a G right immediately. If I were to do it again I'd just pay the price for the name brand. Plus they sell the depth adjuster clamp accessory which is a huge time saver.

Latest posts

Back