Alaskan Milling Fee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberwerks

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What are you guys charging by the hour? Five years ago when I was milling I was at $55.00 an hour, this included me, and another guy, fuel, oil and a 56" mill. Getting back into it the set up be pretty much the same. I have seen rates of $75.00 - $125 in my area, Milwaukee, WI. To me that seems high. Am I out of touch or is $75.00 - $125 a fair rate now days?

Thanks

I think you are probably in the ball pak with that price for yourself and no helper... add a helper and add extra $$.. Personally I would have a sliding(ish) scale as regards to the width of what your cutting... Also I would have the client know that if they say the tree is hardware free and I hit something and wreck a chain they are on the hook for it.

I think you are probably in the ball pak with that price for yourself and no helper... add a helper and add extra $$.. Personally I would have a sliding(ish) scale as regards to the width of what your cutting... Also I would have the client know that if they say the tree is hardware free and I hit something and wreck a chain they are on the hook for it.
Should have a written agreement that if any hardware is hit along the way just what the costs are. If just one - three teeth are hit maybe not the entire cost of the cutting chain otherwise the cost of the whole chain come in play. The chain will be out of production for sure no matter what. Is there also any damage to the bar etc.?

I charge different rates for different specialty tools on my projects.
When building a lanscape, chainsaw and operator is $125 per man hour.
Adding a Laborer/helper is +1/2 man hour per hour ( to that operation ).
Milling is part of that as we split logs for retainers etc..

I think the rate will vary with the area.
We’re in a spendy market (Seattle area) and charge similarly to other specialties in the area.

I charge different rates for different specialty tools on my projects.
When building a lanscape, chainsaw and operator is $125 per man hour.
Adding a Laborer/helper is +1/2 man hour per hour ( to that operation ).
Milling is part of that as we split logs for retainers etc..

I think the rate will vary with the area.
We’re in a spendy market (Seattle area) and charge similarly to other specialties in the area.
So I didnt realize that people are willing to hire out this service. How are guys getting work? Advertising where?

Latest posts

Back