Alpina p-500 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Alpina pt#for the p500clutch is 4251750 although a time back when I last bought parts for an Alpina prof 55 the 2stores I used show that Pt# as NLA

I didn't think that a right hand pitch gauge would work? Thanks for the number of the part, I'll put this on the other site also and see if I get a hit. Never broke a clutch tapping one loose before, had to be on something like this.

I didn't think that a right hand pitch gauge would work? Thanks for the number of the part, I'll put this on the other site also and see if I get a hit. Never broke a clutch tapping one loose before, had to be on something like this.
It is just threads per inch or mm so the left or right rotation makes little difference. I have never had the pleasure to work on an Alpina so not a clue as to what a clutch on them looks like. A pict of it and some measurements may yield some results as most European made saws would run metric threaded clutches.

Click on Motoruf.com select Diagrams & parts on left Bring up Alpina scroll down till you get Kettensagan & then serie p400/450/500 that will give you drawings & #list this is one of the NLA company's & they don't ship out of Europe

It is just threads per inch or mm so the left or right rotation makes little difference. I have never had the pleasure to work on an Alpina so not a clue as to what a clutch on them looks like. A pict of it and some measurements may yield some results as most European made saws would run metric threaded clutches.

I want to thank all for the replies! I ordered a set of thread/pitch gauges and should get them soon, thought that i had some? Been really busy with a brother in law moving and no time to mess with it. The shaft is the same size as a 028 but the threads on the clutch were different, larger shaft that a 029 or husky 55. I'll update when I get the gauges, thanks!

That`s just the thing, clutches come in a lot of different physical sizes along with the size and thread of the crank. There may well be another clutch setup that will swap in that saw, have done so more than once on older saws that are difficult to find parts for. When looking I took all the physical dimensions and recorded them, then the search through hundreds of junked saws began and as luck sometimes came my way once in a while I had what was needed and did not know it until the need came. Wish I knew more about the Alpinas but not a saw I ever encountered.
I would be looking at Sachs Dolmar lineup to see if something similar was used on them, older Efco saws as well.

Back