Alpine Magnum Now Supports Stihl 880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumper63

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just talked with Keith at Alpine Magnum about a different subject. Found out they are just now releasing the Alpine Magnum with a Stihl 880 powerhead.

The only Stihl they offerred before was the TS760 cutoff saw engine.

I've got the Husky 3120 powerhead, only two years old, so will be awhile before I would need one, but if you're a Stihl lover your options just became a little more varied.

Stumper63

I had an Alpine with the Stihl TS760 which I sold and now have one with the much cheaper Solo powerhead. It cuts faster, starts easier and to me just runs a whole lot better than the Stihl ever did.

Just so you know I am not anti-Stihl, I only have Stihl chainsaws and use only Stihl bars and chains.

I wanted an easier way to carry my Alpine, especially if the truck bed was full of other stuff. Had some spare time yesterday so I made a carrier that goes into a 2" receiver hitch. Used it today and it works great. Quick and easy to load, unload and tie down.

I have seen these grinders before. do you guys like them and use them alot? I thought about starting my own stump grinding biz ( just for a little extra cash) nights and weekends. i thought an alpine grinder would be a cheap option to start but by the time i buy a big saw and the grinder i am in it for over 3K.

". . . by the time i buy a big saw and the grinder i am in it for over 3K."

The Alpine Magnum comes complete with power unit, you don't have to buy a big saw as well. If you already have a compatible saw you can buy the body only.

Back