• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Alpine Magnum Stump Grinder w/ Husqvarna 3120 powerhead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatesdad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought this Alpine Magnum from a forum member here. I have literally ran it three times and realized that it isn't for me. It is a used unit but runs fine. Since I have had it I have put a new sparkplug on it (I had a new one and figured I would put it on it) and I purchased two new sets of teeth (not used yet) for it from Alpine Magnum. If anyone is interested in it, I am located just south of Richmond VA. I have the diamond wheel for it to sharpen the teeth, a small tool kit, the square brush clearing guard, and like I said the two sets of new teeth (already has one set on it which makes it three sets) will be included in with the sale. I would like to get $1100.00 for it just to recoup part of my money. Please ask any questions that you have and I will answer them. If you are interested, I can email pics of it when I take some photos of it tomorrow. I cannot ship it, but I would be happy to meet close to Richmond if someone wants to buy it. The picture I have is one that I took right after I bought it and got it to my house. It has a piece of tape on the air filter cover to prevent the knob from vibrating loose.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 181
I was able to run the grinder the longest I have ever run it last night. After twenty minutes I experienced the powerhead cut off on me and would not re-start. I let it cool down and it ran fine again. Since it was such a sudden shut off it appears that the coil may be on the way out the door with it. Just wanted to keep post current and let anyone reading this know. I can be flexible in price to reflect a price of a coil for it ($115 approx.). Sorry I didn't have this information before, but I haven't run it much since buying it.

Here is a pic of the cylinder. The white on the cylinder you see is light reflection, the cylinder itself is grey with no scoring.

Attachments

• IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back