Altec lr iii help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalTree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We took apart all the lower controll valves on the bucket truck and it seems like it was not labeled right when done so now there is a plumbing problem. I am not getting any pressure sent up to the boom. I was hoping somebody could provide a good rundown of what goes where or a good schematic/drawing, the altec ones are very hard for me to read and interpret.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!! PLEASE HELP!

Sorry I cant help you with that...but I've got a question for you: does your boom make frightening noises sometimes (especially over center) like mine does??

I had a buddy of mine that works on booms ask an altec guy about it and he said "so, you've got an older altec that makes noises??...get used to it!

Its sort of a loud "ca-crack" sound if you know what I mean? I guess Ive gotten used to it, but I still want to know where it comes from.

+ 1, it could be one of the switches on the outriggers is stuck.

I had that happen once, set the riggers and the boom wouldnt work, wtf??

It ruined a whole day waiting for the partime mechanic to show up and look at it at like 8 pm, took him like 10 seconds to figure it out. Man I felt stupid! but how was I to know??

Back