Altek Chipper, is this a decent price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he's asking about $1,000 more than it's worth to start??!?! 1994 is good but it's obviously an Asplundh unit that probably has a ton of hours on it?

Pretty simple machines and can take the hours but supply and demand means they aint worth all that! Although I have seen some completely beat ones go for more at auction, poor buyers:oops:

I would say save your nickles and dimes and get a bandit 200 or somthing of the like. It is a whole lot less stressful with employees and having them feed it.

It looks good and if you only get a year out of it, it will have paid for it self easy. Check it out and run some brush through it. Check for leaks and blow by.

That will pay for itself in no time. They are much cheaper to maintain than a hydro chipper as well. Every part on the motor is dirt cheap and usually in stock. There are no hydrolic valves, motors, or lines to give you problems. Buy it up and use it to make some money to upgrade. Keep it as a spare, or sell it for what you bought it for later.

Thats a darn good engine on it imho. One thing about a "chuck n duck" is that it will separate the men from the boys with ground men. Once you do get a self feed,which I recommend when u can, it will seem like a real luxury. I have chipped tons of brush through a fast feed. There not so bad.

Looks good, pretty clean, wonder why it is for sale.
12j.jpg
uk3.jpg

I'm after a chuck and duck myself when I get my tax return, looks like a nice one. Maybe offer him a little less in cash?

Latest posts

Back