Alternative bar oil containers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I tried the detergent bottle out today and was surprised at how good it worked! Thanks for the idea. Ive cleaned up two bottles and have filled them up about 3/4 full. Much easier.

this is my set up for filling saws in the shop. it is a gear oil pump for filling the lower unit of inboards. no spilling at all :blob2: marty

That pump's a nice setup. Did you have any problem adapting it to fit the jug or did it come with the jug?

I'm still using my 25 yr old John Deere chain oil container but it's very close to cracking. It's just a one quart clear container but it has a spout like you see on gear oil.

Does anyone sell chain oil in these type jugs? All I see is the quart jugs that look identical to motor oil jugs and gallon jugs. I'd use a gear oil jug but I've never seen one that's clear.

A quart bottle from Slime would be good too since it's made for tire valves. (I just don't want to buy Slime to get the jug).

that pump has gone on every gallon jug i've tried.
i pretty much only use the 1 quart gear oil jug on the climbing saws. keeps most of the oil off my pants and out of the basket on the bucket truck. the small spout is easier to control for the 020's. marty

I don't cut that much. For bar oil I use a 1 qt plastic motor oil container with a dish soap pull-top cap on it. Or I've used the gear oil 1 qt containers with the spout & cap. Anybody that has a Mac 610 knows it's not the easiest access to full the bar oil tank under the brake handle.

My next experiment will be the gear lube pump as seen above. I have a 5 gallon gas can that has a simular pump with a regular looking gas station handle. That works the best for my gas refills. I never get any gas dripped or spilled on anything when filling the saw. Thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Back