Am I the only one who likes to buy the most useless stuff just to make life easier?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford's Lawncare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok, does anybody else out there just buy stuff to make thier life easier, even if it is completely unessacary? I've spent $100 on hearing protection so I can have a radio built in and plug my ipod into it, just to name a couple of the stupid things I've done. My latest idea is to buy one of those soccormom backup cameras for the new truck I bought. I mow mow lawns primarily, and just cut wood for more winter fun. I hook and unhook trailers multiple times daily and I definatly dont need one of those cameras, but it would just be so nice so I can save a couple minutes everytime so I don't have to try to get it right on the second or third time, besides it will look cool. I just tell my friends its a tv so they dont hound me for having a soccormom backup camera!

P.S. You guys better not hound me for this idea either!

Pintle hitch

Ok, does anybody else out there just buy stuff to make thier life easier, even if it is completely unessacary? I've spent $100 on hearing protection so I can have a radio built in and plug my ipod into it, just to name a couple of the stupid things I've done. My latest idea is to buy one of those soccormom backup cameras for the new truck I bought. I mow mow lawns primarily, and just cut wood for more winter fun. I hook and unhook trailers multiple times daily and I definatly dont need one of those cameras, but it would just be so nice so I can save a couple minutes everytime so I don't have to try to get it right on the second or third time, besides it will look cool. I just tell my friends its a tv so they dont hound me for having a soccormom backup camera!

P.S. You guys better not hound me for this idea either!

Nothing beats a pintle hitch for easy hook up,.AND safty,.Trust me its worth the switch,.but not cheap, Eric

Not sure on your other purchases but that backup camera will save your life or some one else's. I want one just for when I have that big load on the back so I don't mess up someones loading dock with my little truck. That must be one of the best things ever made especially if your alone and need to hook up a trailer.

if you do it (hooking and unhooking) multiple time daily,you probably don't need a camera.you ought to be able to mirror the job done as you learn how to back up to the same line up each time

yah, I've only backed up with mirrors, but my trailer is big enough that I have to be dead on because I can't budge the trailer at all. Even backing up with my mirrors it still usually takes me at least twice to get it right.

about the earing protection

I saw them at Graingers, and considered buying them for about a minute. I didn't like the bulkiness or color(bright Green) plus, you have to supply the mp3 player.
Not to mention the prrice.
Here is what I have been using for a few years. I have a little 256k mpe player with built in FM radio. I bought skull candy ear buds and I just wear both. It works great.

about the earing protection

I saw them at Graingers, and considered buying them for about a minute. I didn't like the bulkiness or color(bright Green) plus, you have to supply the mp3 player.
Not to mention the prrice.
Here is what I have been using for a few years. I have a little 256k mpe player with built in FM radio. I bought skull candy ear buds and I just wear both. It works great.

yup, if your talking about the ear protection with the radio, the amount of time I use them a week mowing 25 lawns, I think that was one of the best things I've ever bought. If I had to do it again, I would get ones with just radio, as thats all I ever really listen on them anyway.

back up cameras rock!

Listen, I am constantly hooking and un hooking my landscape trailer at least twice a day, and I have a back up camera, it rocks! Line the hitch up every single time! I can do it with out the camera, but some of my guys have a hard time. Not to mention I use it alot when I snowplow, it is so nice. I actually have it hooked into my in dash Alpine cd/dvd player, just the licence plate camera, really slick set up!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back