American Logger on Discovery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch Ax Men every Sunday night with my 3 year old son, but this is the first I have heard of American Loggers. Is it just as dramatized as Ax Men?

It was a dolmar for sure and i think this show has been around longer than ax men.

They did not even blur it like to do normally do with saws they show. Like I can't tell the difference between a Husky or Stihl. There was the 7900 with close up that I could not believe. This show normally shows so much mechanical harvesting and trucking.
Nice to see some chainsaws being used.

if you were watching last weeks show falling 40" pine ? it was a jonsered hands down!! watching this weeks show he was using a dolmar saw!! so this show must be payed for by a varied displacement of saws hey?

Last edited:
I watch Ax Men every Sunday night with my 3 year old son, but this is the first I have heard of American Loggers. Is it just as dramatized as Ax Men?

It's on Discovery Channel Fridays at 9 & 10 PM.

No, it's not as dramatized or staged as Ax Men. At worst it suffers from poor editing. The narrator is talking about a brand new truck while a clearly old truck is displayed on the screen.

The cameras aren't always around for the accidents and disasters, so they will recreate them.

The guy had a 7900 and a jonsered in the 2165 or 2171 range.

It's on Discovery Channel Fridays at 9 & 10 PM.

No, it's not as dramatized or staged as Ax Men. At worst it suffers from poor editing. The narrator is talking about a brand new truck while a clearly old truck is displayed on the screen.

The cameras aren't always around for the accidents and disasters, so they will recreate them.

It seems this season is a bit more dramatized than past seasons, but nothing to the caliber of Axe Men

Chris

Not sure if they do it all the time, but he used the bore and release + wedges technique.
Seems like a production faller would decide that method takes too long.
Maybe he did it because the insurance co. or OSHA tells them to and the camera was on ?

Last edited:
the guy that came to check on the guy cutting was wearing a dolmar jacket as well

Glad to see a good brand of saw getting some much needed publicity. Would love to see one in the hands of every guy on here.

Back