Amount of gas used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got curious as to how much gas I put through the saws. I set aside a 5 gallon can to be used for nothing but the saws. Last week I started on the 3rd can full. Lot of fuel to put through a 193T, 310 (very old but still kicking), 361, 441. 441 is a gas hog but it doesn't get used all that much.

Running a 357 XP, I get 1/2 cord per tank.
Tank volume is 1.44 US pints.
8 pints/gallon
1 cord = 2.88 pints
2.88 pints/8 pints per gallon = 0.36 gallons/cord
estimating (using my saw) and your ten gallons = 0.36 gallons/cord x 10 gallons = 3.6 cord

Turnkey4099, you've been busy, and cut a pile of firewood!

Edit: My math is way off. 0.36 gallons per cord. (That's 2+cord per gallon.)

2.77 cord/gallon
2.77 cord/gallon x 10 gallons = 27.7 cord

Running a 357 XP, I get 1/2 cord per tank.
Tank volume is 1.44 US pints.
8 pints/gallon
1 cord = 2.88 pints
2.88 pints/8 pints per gallon = 0.36 gallons/cord
estimating (using my saw) and your ten gallons = 0.36 gallons/cord x 10 gallons = 3.6 cord

Turnkey4099, you've been busy, and cut a pile of firewood!

Edit: My math is way off. 0.36 gallons per cord. (That's 2+cord per gallon.)

2.77 cord/gallon
2.77 cord/gallon x 10 gallons = 27.7 cord

I've 'harvested' about 1/2 that but most of my work has been jusst clearing brush in the farmer's willow bush. Last count I have 13 big brush piles in about an 80' stretch.

Today I cut nearly a full truckload of walnut from branch wood using a Husky 350. The fuel efficiency of both my Husky 350 and 353 amazes me. The 16" to 18" logs ranged from 4" dia. to 12". The truck was almost packed, and the saw still had some fuel left. I had started and stopped it several times. That made no difference.

I think my results are similar to what Crane reports above. Husky saws with air injection are fuel misers.

My little mculloch and my little echo sip fuel.

I check the tank two or three times before I have to fill em up.

I'm used to running the bigger saws and you never pull a cap on those and still see 3/4's of a tank. Think the 076 drinks more idling than most saws with a bar buried.

I have never thought much about how much gas my saws burn. I mix up a 2.5gal can and saw till I run out. A can of gas might last me all season and I will burn about 4 cords a winter. So I guess a 1/2gal per cord, but since I will fill up 4 or 5 saws before I start cutting, and they all probably still have gas in them when I am done for the day, who knows.

Latest posts

Back