An accesory for the chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are either nuts or a genious, and im leaning towards the latter. same concept as a buzz saw but it doenst need a tractor and sucks alot less fuel. you could always run the fuel and oil pickup lines to another resivoir thats easier to fill.

Noto, I see how it works. It looks to me like you did a good job with connecting the throttle to the bar. I bet you can really cut quickly.

Do you remove the saw to refuel? If so, how long does it take to remove, refuel, then install the saw?

I would have two concerns using it. The first would be the center of gravity--if it was too top heavy to where it wouldn't take much to tip it over. The second would be a lack of anything (such as a guard) between me and the bar/chain. I would think both of these wouldn't be hard to address.

At any rate, good on you for making it & sharing it here. But please be careful with it.

That's kinda cool in a rube goldbergian way...I like it.

It saves time tossing little stuff in the cradle and such if ya have a lot of it.

Dangerous it might be, but you'd never get anywhere cutting with anything that was truly safe.;)

Mind your fingers!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Now that I see the paint instructions it does look a lot safer than I thought is was at first. Setting up the bar to run the throttle is brilliant. Two hands on the wood will make it safe. I most likely will not build one for myself but I like the idea. Much safer than the old tractor cut off saws of the past.

Good work.

I still would like to see a video. I bet the video would be cool to watch.

I can see it being a asset. If you think about it , you have two hands on the wood, the saw is only reving during the cut, saw goes back down to ideal after the cut. If the saw is set right the chain should not be moving at ideal, and you have a little less bending over because it looks to be at a good working height.

I will give rep for that, good idea. Remember people here are from all over the world, what we think is safe they might not and vice versa.

Beefie

Now that I see the paint instructions it does look a lot safer than I thought is was at first. Setting up the bar to run the throttle is brilliant. Two hands on the wood will make it safe. I most likely will not build one for myself but I like the idea. Much safer than the old tractor cut off saws of the past.

Good work.

I still would like to see a video. I bet the video would be cool to watch.
+1 Video please.

As soon as I saw the cable thing attached to the pivot, I fugured out what you were doing with the throttle being activated by the chunk of wood. Ingenious idea, I'd say. I have about three cords of beautiful cut, split, dried madrone that I have to go in and re-saw now, becaue it's all 26" to 30" long, too long for my new stove.

A setup like this would be ideal to trim about 10" to 12" off all of them. If I had a source of over-length small diameter material, I would probably explore developing something like this.

Criteria would be, it's easier to feed the small pieces of wood into a stationary saw than to position the small pieces of wood one by one into a rack to hold them stationary, and then bring the saw to the wood.

Thanks for showing a new idea! I assume you've used it some and it works well?

Thanks for showing a new idea! I assume you've used it some and it works well?

It works perfectly, and it's safe for me. No one needs to hold the wood to cut them.Tomorrow I'll upload a video.

Wow

WOW is about all I got to say. Now that I can see it work WOW is that cool. I retract my statement. I may just make one for myself. The only thing I can think of to change is to make a marker so all the pieces are cut the same length. But even with out it this is way way cool. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the video.

Thats just for the smaller stuff.
I think its a fantistic idea. The only thing I would suggest you work on is some type of gaurd for the tip of the saw that sticks out.
AWESOME!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back