Another Craftsman TopHandle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Snagged another small Craftsman off CL today. I been watching it for a few days now and decided for $25 it would come home with me. I know alot of you guys live for these and I never gave them any thought till I got one for free with my Echo 900 I bought. Well I must say I am addicted to them and had to have another. This CAD is killing me :cheers:

What model is this anyways?

Here it is in fully unrestored condition. Just as it came.

DSC04538.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

DSC04541.jpg

DSC04542.jpg

DSC04543.jpg

I like them also,nice little saws.
picked one up at a yardsale couple weeks ago,needed fuel line,have $12.50 into it now :)

attachment.php

Rick, I wish I could someday find a Sears-Poulan cross reference but short of that I will tell you I'm pretty certain that you have a Craftsman version of a Poulan 2300 CVA.

That is the big dog of the Poulan Micro series saws and is a 2.3ci 38cc light weight power house.

attachment.php

Rick, I wish I could someday find a Sears-Poulan cross reference but short of that I will tell you I'm pretty certain that you have a Craftsman version of a Poulan 2300 CVA.

That is the big dog of the Poulan Micro series saws and is a 2.3ci 38cc light weight power house.

attachment.php

Nice looking saw you got there mark. I have to say it looks better in green then grey. I gotta take a quick look at the fuel system on mine but it does run

Nice looking saw you got there mark. I have to say it looks better in green then grey. I gotta take a quick look at the fuel system on mine but it does run

the fuel lines on that are easy,,did a 2300 yestday and the walbro wt carb is easy also..
the thread i just posted on the worst carb i have seen was off the 2300 from yestday..
i like working on them ! easy..

This one had rotten fuel lines, aside from that it was great. Good little runners. I just sold this one on "the bay".

attachment.php

I have one just like the gray one. I didn't know what model mine was either..seems it doesn't say what it is on a label anywhere. Only difference with mine is, it doesn't have a starter handle and the rope, or part of one, is inside. I guess that's next on my list.

the fuel lines on that are easy,,did a 2300 yestday and the walbro wt carb is easy also..
the thread i just posted on the worst carb i have seen was off the 2300 from yestday..
i like working on them ! easy..

I also just posted in that thread to. The pic of my carb is off the same saw just with less anti-vibe...2000 I believe

I've got a Craftsman 2.3 that had some wierd chain sharpening device built into the clutch cover. Probably had to run some special kind of chain or something. I took it off and put a Super 25DA cover on instead. Alot less bulky, but red saw with lime green clutch cover. Won't win any beauty contest!

I've got a Craftsman 2.3 that had some wierd chain sharpening device built into the clutch cover. Probably had to run some special kind of chain or something. I took it off and put a Super 25DA cover on instead. Alot less bulky, but red saw with lime green clutch cover. Won't win any beauty contest!

Years ago my Dad got a little Mac and it had one of those sharpeners that you push down and the grinding stone would would touch the cutters of the special chain and (somewhat) sharpen it. LOL That was a long time ago. Brought back some great memories of Dads dislike of that little operation.

Apparently there was a base model Poulan built the 1800, 2000 and 2300's on.
The 2300 was embellished with AV.
These 3 are outwardly distinctive by the rope start cover and the on/off switch.
Not sure if the top cover with choke knob is on any other model.
Snagged a good looking 2000 runner about a month ago, that didn't oil.
Cleaned the check valve nut and put on a new oil p/u line.
oils good now.
looked like the previous owner had used old crankcase oil....

Last edited:
Apparently there was a base model Poulan built the 1800, 2000 and 2300's on.
The 2300 was embellished with AV.
These 3 are outwardly distinctive by the rope start cover and the on/off switch.
Not sure if the top cover with choke knob is on any other model.
Snagged a good looking 2000 runner about a month ago, that didn't oil.
Cleaned the check valve nut and put on a new oil p/u line.
oils good now.
looked like the previous owner had used old crankcase oil....

There was a straight 2300 as well as the 2300AV and the CVA.

Last edited:

That was an experiment that several saw companies tried. I had a mini-mac that had that; it did take a different chain. I think I just traded my saw.

Back