Another [Dolmar Dealer] bites the Dust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Dolmar are great saws. as great as it gets.
but they don`t have the charisma of Stihl and Husqvarna.
Makita are great tools. But Makita chainsaw....don`t know. Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I have never seen a Dolmar dealer in this area I never even heard of them until I was on this site so I would say it has to do with there advertising. I have heard they are great saws since being on this site I would love to run one sometime.

I don`t know how things are in other places, but over here, Stihl dealers sell Fiskars and Dolmar bars and Makita powertools;
Dolmar dealers are inexistent and Makita dealers have no chainsaw but they bring you whatever if you place an order.
Husky dealers relocate all the time and overall is a freaking chaos that makes me wanna become a dealer myself.

local dealer used to carry dolmar but said he dropped them cause they didnt sell very well. he also sells stihl and john q public has heard of stihl but not dolmar so guess which one their gonna pick up. i think everyone in the county owns a ms290 i dont know anyone with a dolmar. that being said their a good saw just no public recognition.

I recently got a price quote for a 7900 here $1050 before tax! Says even his supplier does not have one anyway.

I could sell you one cheaper but after shipping probably wouldn't be better!
But I defently feel it's the name that hurts the saw! It A two to one selling ratio johnsered to domar and it think it's that close because of cost. The average Joe off the street doesnt know domar. I have two makita saws and my friends look at them and say. I didn't know they made chainsaws then they try them. And the next question is were can they get one!

Last edited:
I could sell you one cheaper but after shipping probably wouldn't be better!
But I defently feel it's the name that hurts the saw! It A two to one selling ratio johnsered to domar and it think it's that close because of cost. The average Joe off the street doesnt know domar. I have two makita saws and my friends look at them and say. I didn't know they made chainsaws then they try them. And the next question is were can they get one!

I know the feeling. I bought a 9010 and it blew on the third tank of mix. Massive air leak that happened so fast I couldn't turn the saw off fast enough before it seized up. It can happen to any brand you buy and if anyone says it can't then they must know something I don't. If I had bought a Stihl or a Husky I would have it back by now. As it is I bought my favorite brand (still is) and three weeks later it is still at the dealer's place. Not happy at all about it but that is the chance you take buying a Dolly. It will get fixed and fixed right, but I hate waiting on a saw I have close to a $1K into. When it comes back I am going to order all of the parts I need to rebuild it from the ground up so if it ever happens again I won't be left in the dust waiting for product support. The only reason it is at the dealers is because it is under warranty.

Latest posts

Back