Another example of my "genious" competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Firewood - $60 (Bucyrus, ohio)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-05, 3:31AM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firewood cut spited priced in qords call 740 229 5038 or 908 674 1984

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2477486764

I'll refrain from using the word "'tard", since some here are so thin-skinned......:msp_unsure:

stoopid is as......

When you have the misfortune of crossing paths with a giant pile of dumb, why is it no longer acceptable to call it so. Back before all this PC crap, peer pressure, hazing or whatever used to motivate someone. Now its an excuse to be even worse since they now have hurt feelings. I say point at it laugh, because "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

I think calling the guy in the ad a 'tard is a offensive to retarded people. It is genius by the way, pardon if that was an ironic misspelling.

I don't want any wood that's been spitted, that's just gross.

Firewood - $60 (Bucyrus, ohio)

Date: 2011-07-05, 3:31AM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Firewood cut spited priced in qords call 740 229 5038 or 908 674 1984

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2477486764

I'll refrain from using the word "'tard", since some here are so thin-skinned......:msp_unsure:

I prefer Idiot or Dumbass

All of us who sell firewood might as well get used to it. No different than the cut throat competition in the tree trimming service arena or in lawn care. With the economy the way it is, firewood cutting may be the cheapest side business for the unemployed or those looking for extra cash to get into. All they need is a chainsaw, splitting maul and a source of wood and a way to haul it, if they don't sell on site.
I swear we had one joker selling for 50.00 a cord for split red oak last year. Thank goodness he was a weekend warrior with only a 2 cord a week capacity. I haven't figured out how he made a dime, even with him selling from his farm, he had to cut it, load it, haul it to the house, stack it and then load the customer. I guess it's cheaper than joining a fitness club.lol
There will always be these guys, always has been, it's nothing new. You should just buy all his wood, buy as much as he can cut. Problem solved.

All of us who sell firewood might as well get used to it. No different than the cut throat competition in the tree trimming service arena or in lawn care. With the economy the way it is, firewood cutting may be the cheapest side business for the unemployed or those looking for extra cash to get into. All they need is a chainsaw, splitting maul and a source of wood and a way to haul it, if they don't sell on site.
I swear we had one joker selling for 50.00 a cord for split red oak last year. Thank goodness he was a weekend warrior with only a 2 cord a week capacity. I haven't figured out how he made a dime, even with him selling from his farm, he had to cut it, load it, haul it to the house, stack it and then load the customer. I guess it's cheaper than joining a fitness club.lol
There will always be these guys, always has been, it's nothing new. You should just buy all his wood, buy as much as he can cut. Problem solved.

Ugh... Looks like I'll be sitting on about 35 cords till the snow flys... Maybe I'll sell it by the cubic foot...:hmm3grin2orange:

I sold 2 cord a few years ago of red oak for $250 each because I needed the cash.At the price your competition is asking you could buy it all up and resell it.

Ive got a crackpot, f_ckstick around my area and his craiglist ad has a picture of an inflatable woman holding a chainsaw and to top it off he offers a discount to single women. If someone explains to me how to post his ad here I will.

I sold 2 cord a few years ago of red oak for $250 each because I needed the cash.At the price your competition is asking you could buy it all up and resell it.

You're probably (YES, that's how it's spelled) right that you could make easy $$ buying it @ $60/cord anywhere in the country & re-selling it, but most of us can't get the prices you do in the North East:msp_sad:

Yes, he's illiterate. Yes, he's working for peanuts. Obviously the Harvard Law School thing didn't work out for him. But he's not stripping the copper out of your air conditioner, he's working. Got to give a guy credit for doing what he can.

Wow, never thought of it that way! That is indeed a good bit of wisdom there howellhandmade, I will try my best to think of it that way in the future!

Yes, he's illiterate. Yes, he's working for peanuts. Obviously the Harvard Law School thing didn't work out for him. But he's not stripping the copper out of your air conditioner, he's working. Got to give a guy credit for doing what he can.

That's how I was seeing it. Howellhandmade put it into words very nicely.

buy the wood from him,,and resale it......

I think calling the guy in the ad a 'tard is a offensive to retarded people. It is genius by the way, pardon if that was an ironic misspelling.

I don't want any wood that's been spitted, that's just gross.

Guess the spelling nazis don't get "ironee" or "sarcasome";)

Ive got a crackpot, f_ckstick around my area and his craiglist ad has a picture of an inflatable woman holding a chainsaw and to top it off he offers a discount to single women. If someone explains to me how to post his ad here I will.

he's probably a male prostitute. different wood he's selling....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The alternative to him trying to work is "US" paying more taxes to support his welfare.. At least he is sweating a bit makin a buck versus drivin down to the welfare office to collect a check. "I think"

.At the price your competition is asking you could buy it all up and resell it.

yep, at $60 a cord , already split, buy all hes got, sell it seasoned in the winter for $200+
let him do all the hard work

only problem with that,even if they were full Qords, i bet there isnt one piece in there the same length as the other
ive had customers show me wood that they bought from others before they found my ad, and its been anywhere from 10"-24" lengths, its crazy

Latest posts

Back