Another F.O.A load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastwoodGang4

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I love the tool box body but WOW does it eat up the payload capacity! The cargo area size is 2'x4'x8'. So that adds up to 1/2 cord stacked tight from front to back and also = F.O.A. OVERLOAD! I usually just throw it in loose but that juicy wet oak is really heavy. I guess a smarter (or richer) guy would put that box body on a more stout truck but it's all I got :( Had the 28" w/ full comp chisel on the saw...it cut o.k. but I shoulda changed back to the 7t rim. Got some RMF chain on the wish list too. :givebeer:

I know what you mean, I have a set of sidemount toolboxes that I've been wanting to put on my 3/4 ton flat bed, but I hate to give up the wood hauling room. But it sure would be handy to have all the compartments for saws and gear.

What chain you got on that yellow saw?

Rd

that's got a 6" loop of RD chain HA HA yea my boy gets mad and says...dad my chains dull it won't cut. I wish i had the camera the day he tried to put it in the stump vice and sharpen it himself!

I've got a contractors cap on my pickup............ great for hauling tools in, not so great for hauling wood under. I don't think I could live without it now though. Thankfully, I have my trailer to haul the wood home in.

Wood015.jpg

Wood006.jpg

I've got a contractors cap on my pickup............ great for hauling tools in
I just can't understand the logic behind a cap on a PU. Why not just have a van unless you need 4wd.

I just can't understand the logic behind a cap on a PU. Why not just have a van unless you need 4wd.

I thought that same way all my life. Then I bought one. I can work so much easier out of my truck now. I don't have to constantly fight rain and snow storms and my gear stays cleaner, nicer, way way longer. Of course there are times I completely hate the cap too!

I see your from Amanda. Do you know Aaron McDaniel, or Joe and Noah?

I thought that same way all my life. Then I bought one. I can work so much easier out of my truck now. I don't have to constantly fight rain and snow storms and my gear stays cleaner, nicer, way way longer. Of course there are times I completely hate the cap too!
Most of my life I owned PU's. About 9yrs ago I bought my first van and haven't owned a PU since. I like having loads of room to store things secure and dry. But yes I have a trailer for all the other stuff.

I love the utility bed on my truck. Ya it eats up some room but the ability to carry saws etc easily is MORE than worth it for me. Plus the fact that a full load of wood in the bed is about all my truck wants anyways.
ry%3D400

nice

I love the utility bed on my truck. Ya it eats up some room but the ability to carry saws etc easily is MORE than worth it for me. Plus the fact that a full load of wood in the bed is about all my truck wants anyways.
ry%3D400

Nice load. is that a 1/2 ton or 3/4? A load like that would make my tires pop! :clap: nice work!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back