Another fleabay burn ( i figure )

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Sold a Pioneer P28 on fleabay recently guy that won bid has 0 feedback and 0 purchases won the saw at 41 bucks usd, saw is in very good shape and is a runner. Now he says having problem ( wife messed-up Paypal ) with his Paypal, tomorrow is the seventh day for this. Figured quite possible Paypal is messed but i also guess ebay would have it fixed post-haste, not so he says. Not sure whats up but i am thinking a snow job here so i am getting ready to launch a non-bidder with fleabay, not that that will go too far but i really feel this guy is not on the up & up here he did offer Money order but i've had trouble before with that buyer saying sent but i never rec'd. Just another headache which is why i want Paypal. Anyway thats my rant.

Last edited:
Touched a nerve.

Here is the opposite...

Won drill from Fleabay recently. Just received the item. Not "new" as described. Has rust and sawdust in the chuck. There is a sloppy "R" engraved on the back of the drill. The battery is nearly dead and there are scratches all over the drill. He specifically said "not a scratch on it."

He is balking at refunding my money. He said he was told the item was new when he bought if from a wholesaler. Passed it on as new without checking it out.

I filed a report with my credit card and will pursue it this week with ebay and paypal. What a hassle!!

Life is too short to feel hassled by forty-one dollars. I'd just tell him that by such and such date, if he hasn't done the paypal, I am re-listing the saw. Go run to the authorities if you must, but maybe the guy needs a break, who knows? JMO....

A US postal MO is a good way to go. Won't bounce, can be purchased/cashed anyplace in the USA, and no paypal fees.

Well USPS money orders are fabricated everyday so I am not sure they are perfect. Paypal is great for buyers but not for sellers. There is not good option anymore.

Bill

fleabay BLOWZ!

paypal BLOWZ!

:welcome:

My 2 cents - Give the guy 10 days, if no $$$, file npb & relist. 0 fb new guys can be a pain, but we were all new there once. Out of 1500 sales, I've only had a few not answer or not pay, relisted, some of the stuff sold for more than the first time. People that don't, won't, can't pay are just part of doing business there, you gotta roll with it.

My 2 cents - Give the guy 10 days, if no $$$, file npb & relist. 0 fb new guys can be a pain, but we were all new there once. Out of 1500 sales, I've only had a few not answer or not pay, relisted, some of the stuff sold for more than the first time. People that don't, won't, can't pay are just part of doing business there, you gotta roll with it.

Yes i think your on the right track. I don't want to go through fleabays system anyway, i'd rather eat the listing cost and just relist it, isn't like its a Stihl or Husky, Lol. Not a fan of money orders or checks, prefer Paypal which is what i told him. Hopefully this isn't his trend but like you say, we were all at zero feedback and purchses once ( Good point. )

Touched a nerve.

Here is the opposite...

Won drill from Fleabay recently. Just received the item. Not "new" as described. Has rust and sawdust in the chuck. There is a sloppy "R" engraved on the back of the drill. The battery is nearly dead and there are scratches all over the drill. He specifically said "not a scratch on it."

He is balking at refunding my money. He said he was told the item was new when he bought if from a wholesaler. Passed it on as new without checking it out.

I filed a report with my credit card and will pursue it this week with ebay and paypal. What a hassle!!

Just to let you know, if you didn't already that R that is engraved on that drill means that is probably a factory refurbished piece of equipment.

Never had a problem with PayPal on anything I've sold. I give folks 24-36 hours to pay. I think that the longer windows to pay cause problems or attract retard bidders. If someone is paying by PayPal, there is no reason to give them more than a day anyway - they know (or should know) when the auction ends, and can make payment instantaneously after they win.

I only allow MO from trusted repeat buyers. Otherwise PayPal has been the way to go. I'm not exactly sure what all these PayPal horror stories are, but maybe I just haven't sold enough stuff yet.

fleabay BLOWZ!

paypal BLOWZ!

:welcome:

And the alternative is?

Well USPS money orders are fabricated everyday so I am not sure they are perfect. Paypal is great for buyers but not for sellers. There is not good option anymore.

Bill

You've mentioned this before here on AS and when we spoke on the phone. Out of curiosity and possibly my own ignorance, what are the big disadvantages that PayPal presents to sellers as opposed to the other alternatives out there - MO, USPS MO, phone-based use of a merchant credit card system, etc.?

Last edited:
Never had a problem with PayPal on anything I've sold. I give folks 24-36 hours to pay. I think that the longer windows to pay cause problems or attract retard bidders. If someone is paying by PayPal, there is no reason to give them more than a day anyway - they know (or should know) when the auction ends, and can make payment instantaneously after they win.

One problem is guys like me that don't have access to a computer for a few days at a time(visiting the in-laws). If I win the auction, I sometimes need three days to do the paypal because I have no computer to use to check my account.

I use paypal for the protection I get. Better than none. MO worries me. Makes me think that it is a scam, even if it isn't. No protection there, either. I allow checks, and Paypal on what I sell. I prefer to Paypal if it is an option when I buy.

Latest posts

Back