Can I be honest, selling saws here a PITA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not real certain what you’re getting at there chipper? Nah I’m not listing one as is. Honestly I don’t have anything around with any known issues. I’d probably list what I’ve personally done to them. (Repairs). Other than that I can do pictures.

just seems like there’s expectations for a saw 10 plus years old to be in absolute perfect condition I guess is what I’m saying. I use my stuff. I have a few too many so I run my favorites in said displacement. The others sit around.

I don’t know the whole story on anything that happened to some members but I do believe lynch mobs have been started over a dam used chainsaw…..

You should try selling one here and see how it goes. If you disclose what you know about the saw, you should be fine. What do you have that you would be willing to sell?

Not real certain what you’re getting at there chipper? Nah I’m not listing one as is. Honestly I don’t have anything around with any known issues. I’d probably list what I’ve personally done to them. (Repairs). Other than that I can do pictures.

just seems like there’s expectations for a saw 10 plus years old to be in absolute perfect condition I guess is what I’m saying. I use my stuff. I have a few too many so I run my favorites in said displacement. The others sit around.

I don’t know the whole story on anything that happened to some members but I do believe lynch mobs have been started over a dam used chainsaw…..
I guess you didn't see what happened then, it was ugly to say the least, many know what I'm talking about.
It was all over a saw that was listed "as is" :rare2:.

You should try selling one here and see how it goes. If you disclose what you know about the saw, you should be fine. What do you have that you would be willing to sell?
Exactly.
Just be honest, that's all one can do.
Put the price on it you expect to get, if you get it, you get it; if you don't, no need to be disappointed.
Glad you got your saw sold :).

346 is one I’m thinking about letting go. Nothing else the forum fellas would be interested in I don’t think

Kinda small for most saws.

Yep, I won't sell one S&M.

What, you don't want to try listing one "as is" :popcorn2: . That was a sad display if I've ever seen one, but it revealed a few things to many, I'd never list a saw there, but but sold many there.
Most saws are 70cc or less and fit in a 12x12x12 and weigh well under 20lbs, worst case scenario the top handle can be removed to fit and a single t-27 bit included with the fasteners in a baggie. Its silly how many think its necessary for shipping to be over 30 bucks for a power head to ship with insurance. I typically do not sell saws on here because I tend to keep them but instead buy carcasses and parts i can not find after looking everywhere else.

Most saws are 70cc or less and fit in a 12x12x12 and weigh well under 20lbs, worst case scenario the top handle can be removed to fit and a single t-27 bit included with the fasteners in a baggie. Its silly how many think its necessary for shipping to be over 30 bucks for a power head to ship with insurance. I typically do not sell saws on here because I tend to keep them but instead buy carcasses and parts i can not find after looking everywhere else.
For a 70cc saw I typically use a 14w x14t x16 or longer depending on if it is shipping with a bar.
You do you, but I can't recall anyone complaining about how I package a saw, and I very rarely sell one that would fit well in a 12x12x12 box, I've also never had one get damaged. Not sure how many I've shipped, but if I had to guess it's more than many on here.
For a 70cc saw I typically use a 14x14x16 or longer depending on if it is shipping with a bar.

For a 70cc saw I typically use a 14w x14t x16 or longer depending on if it is shipping with a bar.
You do you, but I can't recall anyone complaining about how I package a saw, and I very rarely sell one that would fit well in a 12x12x12 box, I've also never had one get damaged. Not sure how many I've shipped, but if I had to guess it's more than many on here.
For a 70cc saw I typically use a 14x14x16 or longer depending on if it is shipping with a bar.

I just shipped an 038 Mag today (72cc). It went in a 22 x 18 x 16 box. That's a little on the big side, but I did have plenty of room for a 20" bar in there, too. It's more expensive to use a large box since you'll get charged for dimensional weight. However, I've sold over 100 saws in the past several years and can recall only one that was damaged - a Comet diesel that had to go from Italy to Indiana.

I must have missed it. Can you post a link to the thread?
I wouldn't, but the link wouldn't work here anyway.
When you read all the "warnings" and other garbage stickied, it turns me off from posting anything in their sales section. I've bought and sold many there and never listed a thing and have no intentions. Plenty more to say, but many wouldn't understand as they haven't been around, so no need to cast shade on anyone without the whole story being told and that's a lot of typing and I'm not into writing complete books, just chapters :laugh: .

When you read all the "warnings" and other garbage stickied, it turns me off from posting anything in their sales section. I've bought and sold many there and never listed a thing and have no intentions. Plenty more to say, but many wouldn't understand as they haven't been around, so no need to cast shade on anyone without the whole story being told and that's a lot of typing and I'm not into writing complete books, just chapters :laugh: .
Pretty certain we’re on the same page….

Oh, was it on the "other" site?

Geez... unless you get a brick in place of the pictured saw, as-is is as-is... that sucks.
Not sure that anyone bought it, the person who posted the ad was badgered so bad, all because he listed a saw as is :oops:. He said in the ad that it had problems right up front, then someone didn't like that he was selling a saw with know problems, then things went awry.

Not sure that anyone bought it, the person who posted the ad was badgered so bad, all because he listed a saw as is :oops:. He said in the ad that it had problems right up front, then someone didn't like that he was selling a saw with know problems, then things went awry.
Hm. Well it depends on the price and details. If its one of those ebay deals where they claim 'as-is don't know anything' but really everything is wrong because all of the bad parts were put onto it... vs a member offering a saw as a project that they did not spend time trying to figure out.

Latest posts

Back