372 xt - Is there any hope or did I buy the wrong saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran a 372xt and a 365xt they cut just fine stock. They were both saw that work owned. I have a 365xp with a 52mm top end. In the small wood I notice no difference. It’s only with a long bar just buried in fir you notice the difference as my 365 I built for torque because let’s be honest I’m more of a Stihl guy lol

This used to be a decent site when I joined 14 years ago. Sad to see it straining; but I understand why now. Too many pride filled self righteous bullies with their panties in a bunch; looking in the mirror seeing a troll and smelling their own dirty diapers. No worries, people are people and many are stunted arm chair experts. Thank you folks who tried to help. It is always an honor to meet decent helpful people. Those 14 years ago were huge and there were many great folks who helped with manuals. Anyway, even the trollsters who smell their own stench ... nothing personal; though it is amusing watching grade school bullies attempt to cause offense. You would do well to get counselling. Just saying ...
Tune into (donny walkers) you tube site. He has a video out this week
on converting a 372 xt to a 372 xp with carb swap, and using an unlimited
coil .he,s been a saw shop for eons and on the west coast has turned
out of the box saws into more powerful work saws ( walkerized)
was the term

Tune into (donny walkers) you tube site. He has a video out this week
on converting a 372 xt to a 372 xp with carb swap, and using an unlimited
coil .he,s been a saw shop for eons and on the west coast has turned
out of the box saws into more powerful work saws ( walkerized)
was the term
I talked with them years back when I was having an issue with the piss poor way Husky put the bar studs in a 3120. They were looking into a fix but I never heard back and sold the saw. Great folks to talk with.

I owned a OEM Xtorq version. It cuts like any saw in same cc group. Just a freaking strato saw. It will be fine stock and just go cut with it.

I do prefer the OE ones though.

No way I would ever buy the clone version of a XT one. If that.

xt piston on left.

Attachments

• h372NEOEp (2).jpg
    h372NEOEp (2).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
The more I research; the more I find that people think these saws suck.

What is the remedy?
I don't want to mess with timing. Don't want to port.
Please help me identify just how to get this saw to perform as good or better than an XP without dumping "money pit" cash.
Tell me by the numbers ... Please! (Base gasket delete? Muffler mod? Which one to gain real HP? Open ports a tad without need for timing change? Shave piston so base gasket delete doesn't cover ports slightly? Drop one of the two rings out? Shave both rings by 2k ? I could use some help here as I want one of these ready for a friend. Or "just sell that wanabe crap" and buy a real saw and move on?

I was excited about the fuel saving and low end torque but the reviews make me think I need to work on this saw to get top performance from it to exceed the XP model.
Please throw me a bone ... give me knowledge and vision just the items that will make this purchase not a dud.
How many hours do you have running this saw?????

Back