372 xt - Is there any hope or did I buy the wrong saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you start hacking up a muffler try a non-epa one.

Roger that! LOL. I have a lifetime supply of stainless spark arrester screen coming as well. I expect the NON-OEM cheapo mufflers to be thinner and more difficult to braze.

They are not necessarily cheaper in materials of construction. The "cheap" muffler I bought for my 2152 to replace the epa one seems to be just as solid as the stock one. Without all of the garbage inside. It was 20 bucks canadian at the time.

Nice!

So, if I understand 3 pages of dubious entertainment correctly- you have agreed to purchase a saw, but do not have it in your possession yet. On the interim, you decided to google up as much as you could on the model in question and have become convinced on the "facts" of others that can talk and have a video camera, that this particular model is sub par and will not out perform your buddies earlier model that you also do not own or run and have already envisioned a plethora or modifications to make it at least sound louder- all before the saw in question has a chance to prove its worth?
Good skills!

So, if I understand 3 pages of dubious entertainment correctly- you have agreed to purchase a saw, but do not have it in your possession yet. On the interim, you decided to google up as much as you could on the model in question and have become convinced on the "facts" of others that can talk and have a video camera, that this particular model is sub par and will not out perform your buddies earlier model that you also do not own or run and have already envisioned a plethora or modifications to make it at least sound louder- all before the saw in question has a chance to prove its worth?
Good skills!

Actually a very skewed perception you have envisioned. There is what is called "a discovery process" to learning. Gather intel. Throw away what is unimportant; irrelevant or unworthy. I am in that gathering phase. It is helpful to sort out the stupid, opinionated and shortsighted also. Thank you for helping in that!

Having "in hand" and fine tuning is always the final test. I have the time to beat the bushes and gather what I need find out. I have a bunch of saws in the stable. I have all the proper stuff coming, or getting organized to set on the bench. I ordered another Tach ... just because I can't remember just where mine is at. I ordered another caliper because I just don't know where mine is at. (I have stuff packed away in boxes)

I'm going to be working on a pile of saws and hopefully moving half or more out of the stable. Asking questions, seeking answers and knocking to find out the truth really works well for me. Sure ... people don't understand and get their panties in a bunch ... but it isn't personal ... I need to know what I need to know and listen and learn as best as able; but identify the unhelpful trolls at the same time. It isn't even personal with them. I can irritate people with my process, direct approach and desire to know the truth. Not my issue with how it aggravates others.

Oh ... and I have to fell 30+ trees, drag them by winch or mechanical advantage, cut 10ish cords and plank out 7 of the Hemlocks for building a root cellar. So I gotto have all the gear ready ... and performance and redundancy is a must. Because I also have to do the mega garden in 5 weeks. (Hoping to design and invent a better chainsaw mill as well; first things first though; saws at max.)

I am glad you have been entertained! I have a dear friend down there. He is a hoot! He is making rocket propelled carbon bicycles! Sad they took your guns away tucking them all in lock at the range. Worse yet the globalist leaders there forcing kill shots. (Not much better here)

Basically I have 4 more saws coming. I have to select which saws I am going to keep; which to sell. (I spent too much) I need find out just what kind of performance I can get from muffler mods. Real specs/intel. I'm gona keep 3 of the 4 I have coming. Plus somehow I had to buy a 60cc Echo with a custom full wrap, archer mod and sugi bar. It was new and had all the best goodies. So now I think I have to sell a Dolmar ... but have to replace the oiler first. /rant

Good skills!
Yep......that sums it up

There's a bunch of threads on Here about the xt eating bottom end bearings and people doing oe conversions because of that. Early teething problems that gave the XT a bad rap.

Yeah ... that is what I ran into but didn't know Husky had worked all that out. Plus just trying to boost HP across the board in all my saws. Still haven't got a strait answer about Muffler Mods and HP increase nor a linky to the best gains one. Hate to say it but I may have to resort to youtube to find someone who provides stats etc.

There's a bunch of threads on Here about the xt eating bottom end bearings and people doing oe conversions because of that. Early teething problems that gave the XT a bad rap.
I own a 372xt, IIRC it's dated 2016, what were the first years on these?
I have heard of intake boot issues, bad clamps?
So far mine has run quite well but I don't use it all that often.
When were the bearing issues resolved?

This used to be a decent site when I joined 14 years ago. Sad to see it straining; but I understand why now. Too many pride filled self righteous bullies with their panties in a bunch; looking in the mirror seeing a troll and smelling their own dirty diapers. No worries, people are people and many are stunted arm chair experts. Thank you folks who tried to help. It is always an honor to meet decent helpful people. Those 14 years ago were huge and there were many great folks who helped with manuals. Anyway, even the trollsters who smell their own stench ... nothing personal; though it is amusing watching grade school bullies attempt to cause offense. You would do well to get counselling. Just saying ...
Nothing wrong with the saw you bought. But, your original post was very vague.

I have and run both a 375xp and a372xt.
Both have been base gasket deleted and both are running the aftermarket mufflers with screen added for spark prevention.
When I run them side by side there is very little difference.
The 375xp is running the unlimited coil while the 372xt has the limited coil.
I don't think you can go wrong with either saw.

Nothing wrong with the saw you bought. But, your original post was very vague.

Yeah ... already owned up to that. Spring cleaning has a lot of projects coming my way; just trying to find real data on muffler mods. My thinking is that I will be "working on saws" ... so each saw I touch I want to bring it to max performance ... all of them at once and then sell some to pay for the new stable saws.

Very interesting thread here. The Husqvarna 372 XP VS. the 372 XT are both fine saws but very different. In my sixty years of saw experience I have read that the XP version possibly has been the biggest saw ever there is a reason why. They are great I think I have about six of them. I have plenty of Stihl and Stihl clones too. They the XP are a light weight and a little flimsy as a result but they cut like a new demon with or with out some mods. Thanks

Back