Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew W.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 350, I am in need of a new piston and cylinder.

I have read almost every recent thread about a 345-353 rebuild, 346xp swap, I don't know what to get for my little 350.

I'd like to have the power of the 346xp, but would it be easier just to put a normal 350 AM cylinder and a 353 piston with caber rings.

Now a little history about this 350, I got it after it was straight gassed, it was given to me by an older tree man after he was quoted 375$ to have it rebuilt, he went and bought a new saw for less, he also told me the muffler would fall off and that the intake boot needed a clamp.

So anyway, before I new about the wise wisdom of arboristsite, I rebuilt it, with a 46$ cylinder and piston kit from Amazon, by yzparts or something like that, I used the entire kit even the crappy retaining clips for the piston pin, also a big no no that I did was I used a hi temp sealer that was not fuel rated, so needless to say the saw failed not to long after the break in peroid.

I am looking to spend under oem for the rebuild, I have all the parts to the saw btw,

So one of my main questions would be who currently makes the best AM cylinders for it.1212151539.jpg 1212151539a.jpg 1212151539c.jpg 1212151539d.jpg 1212151539e.jpg 1212151539f.jpg 1212151540.jpg 1212151541.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Was the original cylinder not salveagable? I'm assuming not since it was straight gassed. The best top end on these is either a 346 or a closed port 45mm with a flat top 353 piston. OEM is the way to go for the cylinder, the piston should either be OEM or a Meteor with cabers. You should be able to find a used OEM cylinder if you keep an eye out and put out some feelers.

The 346 will rev higher and have better throttle response but the 353 seems to have a bit more torque.

Whatever you do, make sure to clean up the surfaces of the crankcase/riser block and seal well or you will develop an air leak. Leave the plastic surface a bit roughed up so you get a good seal. Make sure to torque the crankcase and cylinder bolts well. And definitely get that metal intake clamp and inspect the boot for tears.

That's the way to go if using AM parts...site sponsor and a good guy from what I hear!
I deleated that post because I replied to my self I just re posted it on reply to mattyo just in case you were wondering where it went :)

Latest posts

Back