• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Another Husqvarna 3120XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uldis

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello again, fellow AS members,
I hope I don't annoy anyone with another ad, but I promise this is the last one.
I have another Husqvarna 3120XP for sale:
The story of this one: I bought it brand new on December of 2015 (not even a year old) for occasional big tree felling. It has approximately 35-40 tanks through it (first 12-15 I cut around 18-24" diameter of logs to break it in, after that nothing larger than 36" (the bar length I used on it), last 6 tanks was on milling, using double ended bar and this was the secondary saw (not the main one which is pulling)). It was leaking a bit oil, so I took it to the shop, where they re-sealed the oiler part (you can see in pictures the white-sealant), but that was not the problem, so they changed the small vent pipe which was broken, so now it is running as it should. They also adjusted the carb, so maybe that's why the smoke in the video. In the video, I started it cold and in the end I let in uncoil, so You can get some sense of the compression as I don't have the gauge to measure it.
The reason for selling: Really sad to let go of these big saws, but as I mentioned already in the previous ad - need to make some money for studies and as it doesn't get used a lot, it is better to a new home where someone can fulfill this saw's desire and purpose (cut wood and cut it fast).

The saw is sold as power head only, BUT:
For additional cost You can get the 50" GB Titanium bar seen in the vid. The bar has been used, but I have never yet done any rail filing, so I offer it as is. Groove is still 1cm deep at shallowest place and has plenty of life left, but it has some wear (see picture) on one side of rail some 60cm or around 24" from the attachment point (it is because at start I used 3/8" chains, but as the teeth can't be used till end I switched to 0.404"). The bar now comes with 0.404" nose, but I will include also the 3/8" nose I used in the beginning. With bar I will also include 3 chains - they are standard chains filed down to 10 degrees (Husqvarna codes H64 and H59).
Shipping for bar is 51$, if 3 chains are added 71.3$. For bar I would ask 125$, the chains I will give for free, as I don't like to charge for used chains - maybe You like to set up Your chains differently than my shop guy, so at least You have paid only for shipping. So my offer is 166$ for the bar (shipped), or 197$ for bar and three chains (shipped).

Of course I will include a freebie: When I first searched for this thing on eBay and just typed the brand of it, the search returned me only photos of a Japanese girl Amy. It is USED with plenty of life left. I will add a NEW "dress for it", because it is not usable without the "dress". It can be used with this saw, but it will be an overkill..

The last point: The price! I will not list a price for now, but will wait for some reasonable offers. I will do so, because I don't want the previous buyer to feel bad, in case this would be a much better deal. Your comments on what You think this saw is worth are welcome in the comments.

Feel free to contact me, if any questions arise!
Best regards,
Uldis

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3485.JPG
    IMG_3485.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3486.JPG
    IMG_3486.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3487.JPG
    IMG_3487.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 98
Alright I'm annoyed! First of all.
1. I don't think you pissed revved it enough in the video.
2. I think there maybe 2 microns of dirt in the second photo
3. Spikes are WAY too small.
4. Don't see anywhere in the ad any mention of an included helper to carry it.
And my final issue is you didn't think that including the pictures of Amy might help the sale!!
GLWS!!

Hi all,
The saw is sold and will be shipped out tomorrow to it's new home!
Wanted to say Thank You all for viewing this ad and showing interest!
Best regards,
Uldis

Funny note,

I have nightmares about a saw with a large bar going through my neighbors front door after his little ankle bitter dog chased my little kid. Sorry I just had to go there lol. That would be a awesome punk to shove that long bar into someone’s front door the look on there faces would be priceless. Kidding.

Nice saw, btw there’s a logging crew here we’re every cutter on the crew has a 3120. It’s productivity. My 2100’s sounded like dirtbikes.

Back