Another laugher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Firewood For Sale (Bellville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-10, 8:28AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get your orders in before the snow flies. .. . . .Early bird specials.

Sold by Rik or Chord $160.00 per chord, $90.00 per Rik. $140.00 for three or more chord. $80.00 for four or more Rik.

All oak, Cherry, locust, beech, some hard maple. Delivered, split and stacked at your location.

"Chord" is fairly common, but "rik"? Maybe he's Indonesian? And why is he splitting at the delivery site?

I think he placed the coma in the wrong location.Probably delivered split then stacked at the delivery site.Take into consideration he cant spell.Sounds like a fair price and stacked to boot.

Everyone is a critic, guy is probably a fifth grade graduate and proud of it.

Working Man

I gotta give the man thumbs up for working and not asking for a free handout. He's trying to earn a dollar .

Nosmo

Im new to AS but not firewood.I have never heard of a rik. What the **#&

Im new to AS but not firewood.I have never heard of a rik. What the **#&

Generally a rik (or rick) and a facecord are interchangeable terms that are a stack of wood 4'x8'x16". They aren't legal terms and I am in no way advocating their use when selling firewood, I'd much rather see people refer to a stack that size as a 1/3 cord. Here in MI, I'd guess 90% of firewood of sales are done by the facecord, its just the way it is around here.

Everyone is a critic, guy is probably a fifth grade graduate and proud of it.

Not exactly. There are way too many of these graduate "children left behind." Probably majored in spit-balls in school, and now want to transform the english language down to their level. "Should of" done some studying, instead of totally goofing off. And other such thumbs in the eye. "Nucular" comes to mind.

Arrogance, pure and simple. IMHO.

Time to Raise Price

While I got to agree with you, he is $100.00 too cheap.
+1. This whole thing is bogus. $150 a pickup truck load is probably too cheap this winter. That equates to at least $200 a cord. I sold last year for $100 a pickup load and found out that was far too cheap.

Let's bump the price in honor of today's "cheap" gasoline and diesel. WDYT? :msp_rolleyes:

+1. This whole thing is bogus. $150 a pickup truck load is probably too cheap this winter. That equates to at least $200 a cord. I sold last year for $100 a pickup load and found out that was far too cheap.

Let's bump the price in honor of today's "cheap" gasoline and diesel. WDYT? :msp_rolleyes:

You got my vote!

Latest posts

Back