Another obsolete skidder added to my collection of no longer made machines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jr., you have a good eye! That is a Serco 8500. The load is about 14 cord of poplar pulp.

The 648D is perfect for a one or two man operation. Big enough to move wood like you mean it, small enough to get around well in the woods. And relatively easy to work on. No computers or fly-by-wire crap.
A 540 is a fine small lot / houselot machine. But the grapple makes the biggest difference.

Those serco 8500 are a mean loader. They will pick the truck over if you arent careful.

Jr., you have a good eye! That is a Serco 8500. The load is about 14 cord of poplar pulp.

The 648D is perfect for a one or two man operation. Big enough to move wood like you mean it, small enough to get around well in the woods. And relatively easy to work on. No computers or fly-by-wire crap.
A 540 is a fine small lot / houselot machine. But the grapple makes the biggest difference.

she don't like them 800ft trees front end bouncy

Drop and winch, drop and winch, drop and winch. Beats a broken axle.:msp_thumbup:

yea but no winch shes grapple only. got 640 axles so I was told, I have seen a lot of guys have trouble with the 540 axles guess I been lucky. i'll use my 666 clark it's cable, when ever the machine shop gets the bushings done :bang: hard to get stuff done waiting on some one else.

Up here, the mills don't want the red pine or pitch pine..there's a market for the red, but it's so low priced that it's hardly worth cutting. Most gets run right to pulp or fuel chips.

good lookin tractor, I don't think pine will ever bring good money again here, only got one mill within 75 mile now. can you believe gum pays better.

Opportunity knocks!

Obtain a decent single post band saw mill. Buy all the white pine you can find. Saw it out into 2x6 and 1x boards. It will sell. Craigslist is a wonderful tool.

Back