Another oil thread, YEAH!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Esso is only in Canada, yes. Used to be equivalent to Enco stations in the US. Now they are all labeled Exxon here, but there have been a lot of stations swaps and mergers in the past 10 years. Exxon is owned by Exxon-Mobil, as are Esso and Mobil. :dizzy:

Esso is only in Canada, yes. Used to be equivalent to Enco stations in the US. Now they are all labeled Exxon here, but there have been a lot of stations swaps and mergers in the past 10 years. Exxon is owned by Exxon-Mobil, as are Esso and Mobil. :dizzy:
I know what you mean Shell 2 Stoke oil for Canada comes right out of Calgary. I know for the most part when you by gas at almost any gas station in Western Canada it is Esso Gas, Except for Petro Can. Too be honest I don't care what oil I am Running or Gas as long as I don't have a problem I can't see switching brands. For All I know maybe the stuff I am really running is T2? After all It does say Exxon Mobile on the label lol. And has all those fancy rating to go with it!
P.S what ever happened to TEXACO gas stations?

Last edited:
Depends on the bottle you get... it now says "FC" and "meets proposed ISO-L-EGD"

Man, Lake...you really seem to like these OIL Threads! I suspect that it was perhaps fate that you and Mr. Yungman ran into each other...you two could in all likelihood chat for hours on end regarding this topic...AS...bringing people together...gotta love it! :monkey:

Depends on the bottle you get... it now says "FC" and "meets proposed ISO-L-EGD"

Hmmm, I have an older and 2 week new bottle of Castrol, and it all says TC and FB. Made in Canada, for sale in USA only. Odd... not for sale in Canada, where it is made??? I will have to look for the FC stuff. Seems odd though, as JASO FD was upped to match ISO-L-EGD. I will ahve to get copies of these specs.

Man, Lake...you really seem to like these OIL Threads! I suspect that it was perhaps fate that you and Mr. Yungman ran into each other...you two could in all likelihood chat for hours on end regarding this topic...AS...bringing people together...gotta love it! :monkey:

Its an OPEC conspiracy!

Hmmm, I have an older and 2 week new bottle of Castrol, and it all says TC and FB. Made in Canada, for sale in USA only. Odd... not for sale in Canada, where it is made??? I will have to look for the FC stuff. Seems odd though, as JASO FD was upped to match ISO-L-EGD. I will ahve to get copies of these specs.

Uh oh... I misread your post. I thought we were talking about Mobile 2T. I have no idea what is says on the Castrol bottle!

:cheers: but....

I'm going to get you for that!:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I don't know why people don't just run (Your Brand here), oil when it is widely availible and the right stuff your saw???

Latest posts

Back