Another Porting Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see how that runs! Other than the easy start I bet it holds up fine.

On my Jenn Feng/McCulloch GZ4000 clone the compression ended up too high for the easy start system and I had to redesign it to defeat that. I'm sure that compression was less than what you have.

Why not sand a little more away from the pop-up while you are doing the port work ?
Might put you closer to your targeted compression.

.008 is fine - just use a good oil mix of 32:1 ............. you are going to turn more rpm's

I'm interested to see the outcome. Pretty cool idea. It should hold RPMs in the cut, but rev slower with a heavier piston, right?

I'm interested to see the outcome. Pretty cool idea. It should hold RPMs in the cut, but rev slower with a heavier piston, right?
Piston isn't heavier. Perhaps it's heavier than stock, but I couldn't measure that because it replaced a smaller ms230 piston.

I removed some metal under the dome. The piston came in 1.2 grams heavier than when I started. The stock ms250 pin and circlips actually weighed 1.2 grams less than the aftermarket. So all together I was at the same weight as when I started.

I'm assuming it's actually lighter than stock as the stocker is much more durable looking and heavier cast around the pin.

Latest posts

Back