Another Saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Well it seems the ID of a saw is a hot topic here lately so here is an easy one.

Bill

It's an old dolmar 1xx

I'm not a dolmar expert so I'll hazard a randoom guess of 119. Is it bigger or smaller?

Thanks for the distraction!

I agree on Dolmar 1xx, or a spinoff from that series - the thingy (chain brake related) attachted to the handlebar is a shure sign, as far as I know.....

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
I agree on Dolmar 1xx - the thingy (chain brake related) attachted to the handlebar is a shure sign, as far as I know.....

Aint dolmars supposed to be red?

Looks like a orange 520. Better measure the bore and I think we should argue about muffler swapping for a few posts. Also do not forget that it could be covered with side panels from many different sized saws. :monkey: Wednesday morning sarcasm.

Dolmar 110 109, 111 or 115. Is it open or closed port? If it is open it is a 109 or 111 and if closed a 110 or 115.

It is an 86 or 87 model with the single post chain brake handle. Models after that had a dual post handle, and the 540 wasn't made until the 115 was discontinued.

It apears that it was not an "I" model. this one has an actual choke lever instead of the lever that moved the throttle linkage to
prime the saw. This saw also has the Walbro carb, not the tillotson that was on the I models.

So I'm guessing an early 110 or 115.

Justsaws said:
Looks like a orange 520. Better measure the bore and I think we should argue about muffler swapping for a few posts. Also do not forget that it could be covered with side panels from many different sized saws. :monkey: Wednesday morning sarcasm.

I have done nothing to it. It is just the way it is no adding/swapping. That is not to say that somone else has but I do not believe they have.

Bill

Justsaws said:

The older dolmars had more orange tint to them than the newer ones...

The clutch cover looks original to me. If it had been swapped with a newer one, the bar studs would be too short and the pic clearly shows the bar nuts with the studs all the way through.

The muffler looks spot on, from the pics, maybe missing the oulet deflector on the front.

Measuring the bore will narrow it down to two saws, also need to know what the cylinder looks like to 100% positively ID it.

The 109/110 had the same bore as well as the 111/115....

Early '90s Dolmar 111 or 115. There should be a serial number tag under the clutch that would tell.

Steve

Justsaws said:

I was not suggesting, I was being sarcastic.

Scrap, there, I win. I would guess its a husky, and probably a 50 Rancher or something.

But what the heck do I know???

166 said:
Early '90s Dolmar 111 or 115. There should be a serial number tag under the clutch that would tell.

Steve

I believe that's right, as the other Steve said ........,

but the third one hasn't expressed an opinion - lots of Steves here......

:cheers:

its actually a parts / pieces saw.... according to the chain brake its a 1987 111 or 115, but has a newer fuel tank mid 90's - current vintage and a carb from a PS540..

my .02

Scott

Back