Another Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK guys, I though that I had the saw addiction licked.I went to an ole friends garage and $85 later I walked out with a near perfect Husk 51. The only maintance was a cracked gas line that attaches to the carb.It starts and runs perfect. The only issue is that it appears to use excessive oil.Is their an adjustment on this saw?Is their a 12 step plan to kick this habit? Thanks Ken

Ken,

Nice score on great little firewood saw. I've had my 51 for 10 years and just freshened up the piston and rings a year ago. It still runs really well and has served up many a cord for the old Glenwood cookstove in my kitchen. I don't believe there is any adjustment for the oiler but I would not worry about it oiling too much. Bar oil's cheap and usually they don't oil enough. I run .325 and an 18" bar on mine that combo works well for me. Good luck with yours.

SZee
Partner 5000plus
Huskie 51
Dolmar 120si

good deal

I also have a 51 with a generous oiler. I'm thinking maybe they're not clutch driven like the newer saws so they pump oil constantly. I hope yours didn't come with oregon safety chain (33/34SL?) like mine. If it did, replace it asap with Stihl .325 RS or Oregon 20/21LP and you won't believe the difference.

Latest posts

Back