Another Stihl goes in the shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnieTrk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I had to stick my head in here and share the news:
I've now added a Stihl 041AV to my "collection". The story is that I had asked my Dad if he still had the 011 that I was 'raised on' and if so, that I'd buy it from him. So when I saw him this past weekend, he brings over some ol' 041AV that he apparently 'acquired' somewhere along his path. I said, that isn't the 011 saw I was talking about. He said, "Well do you think you can get this one to work for ya?" Well, it wasn't that I needed another saw, but that I wanted the 011 that I 'cut my teeth on' (pardon the pun) rather than hearing that he sold it, traded it or even gave it to someone going by.

I suspect I will need a putty knife to begin the cleanup of this poor ol' 041AV saw, but I'm sure it will look much better after an hour or so of scraping, brushing, solvent soaking, air blowing, etc.

Of the two different styles pictured here:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...cf7d40759681b4bf88256c1c0016a801?OpenDocument

...it is the top style with the model number cast-into the top cover. It is serial # 2595140. My 041 Farm Boss is serial# 2595140.

Does anyone have a model number/serial number vs. manufacturing date chart telling us when these saws were manufactured ?

Thanks for listening, Guys!:clap:
BarnieTrk :cheers:

Latest posts

Back