Another what wood is this Question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawrencetreeman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My Dad has this log at the house and we are wondering what it is. He doesn't have any leaves off of it. He hauled it is from some where other than his property and planing on using it in the Lathe.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

sure does look like cherry though. never seen the Kentucky coffee bean, never heard of it either. Guessing it's not in Massachusetts

Your lucky.
I've got one in my yard, it's a filthy thing. If I didn't have a vac on the tractor it would be firewood.

Ed

Well talked to Dad today, In that Father to Son voice(LOL) no it's not a coffee tree I know what they look like. And there are no pods around them.

I have to agree with treecutr that my first thought was Prunus serotina or Black Cherry due to the gray/black scaled bark. Someone also mentioned smelling it. If there is a pungent odor then it is probably a Black Cherry. Any branching? Alternate branching and white prominent elongated lenticils along with black oozing are dead giveaways.

Latest posts

Back