Anti-Vibration Gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my experience after buying most every type of glove there is and using/testing them in logging as a cutter and with a cable skidder that these gloves are the best value if not the best glove period for logging and firewood related work, and unless some place new has shown up, the below link is the cheapest link for them.

Most men and larger woman will use the X-Large size and they will fit. My wife is 5' 9" and wears the x-Large same as the rest of the guys that are 5' 5" on up.

Hulk Anti-Vibration Gloves #9100950
Hulkster or Hulk Gloves and even Stihl recently last couple of years came out with some similar styled ones, but the cheapest I could get them for was $15ish.

No other gloves gives you the super human grip that these do when working with firewood, you can just palm a lot of big chunks with them one handed.
They are by far the best cable skidding and heavy machine operating gloves I have used.
They give a great grip on the saw and I can work the flippy caps or regular caps and sharpen chains all day without taking them off. They are cheap enough that if you loose them you won't cry, but they out perform $50 per pair gloves, and no leather glove can come close in performance.

That is my experience with them and they are the only glove that myself and the guys that work with me will use, provided its not about 20F or lower. After that we use the Cabela's 100 gram insulated DeerSkin gloves that have Goretex in them and are very tough and warm, but cost about $40, but have lasted through 2 winters.

Also, not sure what saws are being used by those with nerve damaged hands and wrists, but I can say, as someone who has broken my hands and wrists many times riding bulls and run chainsaws for long periods of time logging, I have some screwed up nerve damage in my hands and wrists and switching to the 441 has made the largest difference, more than anything. If I run a 660 for 4 hours, it produces more pain and issues then running a 441 for 10 hours per day for 3 weeks, same bar and chains, the moral of the story is if you have nerve damage and either don't like it or don't want to get it, the best bet is to get a saw with a quality steel spring'd AV system.

Sam

X2 on the Hulk Anti-Vibration Gloves. I used them splitting a cord of firewood and have tried them out for riding the ATV which is where I have the most issues. They stand up extremely well.
Not any good in the dexterity area but for impact and vibration protection they are better than anything else I've tried by a long shot.

I have arthritis in my hands on top of white finger and these gloves are fantastic.

I was able to try out a pair of Stihl AV gloves this weekend and they do a lot better job of controlling the vibes but are very bulky my Youngstown are much more flexible and thinner. If your going to run a saw for a long period of time then the Stihl is better. If your only running it for a few minutes and doing other tasks as well then the Youngstown may be a better choice. Running a non-AV 090 I'd go for the Stihl gloves.

Anymore than 3 hrs on a 460 or 660 my left fingers get pins and needles and go numb.
I can use a 441CM all day and have not had any problem after switching over.:D

Back