Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Had a lot of help with this saw from a lot of friends Joe Salva, Made Decals

Absolutely gorgeous - well done, be proud :)

Eccentric, you going to splash up some pics of "before's" on our growing pile of old iron & mag? I think it would be fun to show their semi-decrepit state before they get any serious attention?

To all the antique'rs out there - we'll be posting the invite to the Fall GTG at Bothe Park pretty soon. We could use a little help with what you want included, other than camping and show-off?

Absolutely gorgeous - well done, be proud :)

Eccentric, you going to splash up some pics of "before's" on our growing pile of old iron & mag? I think it would be fun to show their semi-decrepit state before they get any serious attention?

To all the antique'rs out there - we'll be posting the invite to the Fall GTG at Bothe Park pretty soon. We could use a little help with what you want included, other than camping and show-off?

Yep. Gotta get some guidance from those that've put on GTG's in the past. I'll take a few pics of the old iron we have so far. Will get the Bolens going this weekend so I can drop that off the next time I go to the park. It's underfoot...

The fellow that was going to send me the bar clamp/adjuster and carb shroud for the Super Wiz hasn't gotten back to me since I sent him my address. I may get it fired up with a carb kit this weekend too. We're going to keep that one ugly and battle scarred correct? The Mall 12A is still sitting and waiting...

Yep. Gotta get some guidance from those that've put on GTG's in the past. I'll take a few pics of the old iron we have so far. Will get the Bolens going this weekend so I can drop that off the next time I go to the park. It's underfoot...

The fellow that was going to send me the bar clamp/adjuster and carb shroud for the Super Wiz hasn't gotten back to me since I sent him my address. I may get it fired up with a carb kit this weekend too. We're going to keep that one ugly and battle scarred correct? The Mall 12A is still sitting and waiting...

GTG ideas always welcome - chime in guys :)

Old and battle scared - you bet if we are going to use it as an interp piece (which I think we are...). Since the Bolens was not a logger saw - anyway this one wasn't - but came from a ranch setting I think it's entirely appropriate to make it pretty if the parts and pieces show up.

The Mall and other old saws will have to be judged one at a time, but I'm of the opinion that we keep them in working trim and show pictures of what they looked like new/restored. We'll credit the folks here who supply pictures of restored saws for the kids to see. But our iron needs to be woods ready.

Soon we'll get to post a picture of the bucket truck in the large equipment section. It's only 42 years old, so not an antique (yet), but still interesting :)

[bar clamp/adjuster and carb shroud for the Super Wiz]

I have those parts if you need them....;)

GTG ideas always welcome - chime in guys :)

Old and battle scared - you bet if we are going to use it as an interp piece (which I think we are...). Since the Bolens was not a logger saw - anyway this one wasn't - but came from a ranch setting I think it's entirely appropriate to make it pretty if the parts and pieces show up.

The Mall and other old saws will have to be judged one at a time, but I'm of the opinion that we keep them in working trim and show pictures of what they looked like new/restored. We'll credit the folks here who supply pictures of restored saws for the kids to see. But our iron needs to be woods ready.

Soon we'll get to post a picture of the bucket truck in the large equipment section. It's only 42 years old, so not an antique (yet), but still interesting :)

My thoughts exactly. I'm eager to see that bucket truck in person for several reasons...:D

448px-IHC-logosvg.png

[bar clamp/adjuster and carb shroud for the Super Wiz]

I have those parts if you need them....;)

Looks like we do need them Cliff. I'm going to dig into that saw a bit tomorrow and see what else (if anything) it needs. Will also measure the bore so I can figure out exactly what model it is. The model/serial number tag is missing, along with much of the paint. There's also old but non-OEM paint covering much of the saw (a few colors). Has a green cylinder shroud (looks to be OEM), and there's some red paint left on the rear handle (also probably original). Has the angular tank assembly with the flat pleated air filter like a SW77 or SW80. Starter is an FM type with the style of recoil housing seen on the Wiz saws. Will shoot a few pics tomorrow....

IEL Super 52 two man

[video=youtube_share;CsJgybR7-HE]http://youtu.be/CsJgybR7-HE[/video]
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
------------------Just got this saw last weekend its a runner

Last edited:
Nice job,:msp_thumbup:
Did you ever find a sprocket drum for that?
I have a 40 IL some where in my saw shed.

Thank you,

I just ordered a Poulan 3700 3/8 drum - most of the dimensions matched, took a chance on overall height - My blue sxlao drum would work, but I'd have to shave 1/8" off (back edge rubbed hard).

I'll get it, it's only a machine

luck,greg

Wow paccity, looks great! It's funny you post this when there is one of those for sale on my local craigslist right now. If anyone is interested let me know and i'll check em out and pick em up or what ever. The $225 bones sounded a little steep to me, but may be a deal :msp_confused:

Last edited:
Back