Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar CP

I got this saw last year. It needed a carb and oil pump.
The parts came in and I installed them. It has good compression and spark.
I have not tried to start it yet.

HPIM0240.JPG

HPIM0248.JPG

HPIM0243.JPG

HPIM0245.JPG

Last edited:
That's a pretty interesting looking saw. Doesn't look very pleasant to run though.

Ya got a couple of real beautys ther Mr. Cleef
They look awsome. Fantastic job.
Now i know you must be running out of room.
So just send me that CL and i will baby sit it for you. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lee :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks Lee..;)

Yes, ran out of room a while a go. I got to do something soon or I can't get anymore
saws. I had to let these two saws and one more sit in the box they came in for a few months.
I had to rearrange my saws a few times to make room,
Now I can't even do that anymore.:laugh:

Thanks Lee..;)

Yes, ran out of room a while a go. I got to do something soon or I can't get anymore
saws. I had to let these two saws and one more sit in the box they came in for a few months.
I had to rearrange my saws a few times to make room,
Now I can't even do that anymore.:laugh:

I know exactly what you mean Cliff.
I've been short on room for over a year. Just keep rearranging
And saws keep coming in.

Lee

1953 Titan Sportsman with about 2 hours run time. Has Blue Jet 1/2 .063 chain and looks like new still.

Had a freind drop it off and said he found it from a guy taking it to the dump. o_O

The guy in this pic was my Dads hunting and drinking buddy Frank. He sold saws for Titan in Seattle up till they closed in the mid Fifty's.

Today I tried to carry the Sporty like Frank was holding it and got my hand all dirty.:)

hi guys, was nosing around dad's shed yesterday looking for some stihl parts to scavenge off some of his old junkers and came across an old mac 250.now what do i do?:dizzy: looks like everything is there parts wise and the motor is free.looks like 30 years of crud on the darn thing. wouldn't have looked at it twice before joining AS,see what you guys did.:laugh: i will check it out more tomorrow before christmas dinner. thanks FS.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Cliff, did you paint the 900G? Looks like it is worn on the blower cover and top handle.

I have a 900G with little paint on some parts and a 995G that the DPO's son decided to spray paint. I want to restore these saws and would like to know where you got the paint. Your saw looks great!

I just painted the top cove and the back handler,the rest of it is original.

Back