Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take my hat off to you you really are a gifted man I suppose any parts you can't source you need to remanufacture I think you need to open a chainsaw museum:D

Thanks
Yeah sometimes it takes making a part. I would like to set up a chainsaw museum. Don't have anywhere to do it yet.

Where in California are you? Can I visit?

I'm in LA county. Yes you can visit. People come here everyday to buy firewood and tree guys come
to dump off there loads of wood. I don't show them my saws.
My saw storage shed is packed to where there is no more space. Most all of the saws I restored are
covered to keep the dust off. So you would not be able to see to much.

thoughts on Disston DO-100?

I saw one the other day. It turns over so not locked up. Missing the handle but had the scratcher chain on it. I never made an offer on it as I was not even sure it was considered for sale. Saw it ages from late 40s.

I got this 640 last month, I did not have time to get it out of the box until now.
This saw runs so I don't have to do anything to it. :D

Here is another SXL 925 I got. It needed a carb, a air filter and cover. I put in new fuel lines and filter on it.
It runs good now.

These are not super old but are to me (I was born in '86). Here is my dad's 041 that I redid for him for xmas. It fell off the tractor and the rear handle, front handle, clutch cover and top cover were crushed. That was about 15 yrs ago. I snuck it out from underneath the bench and bought a parts saw to piece it back together. Once I got spark back, it fired right up. He had no idea. I am also putting together enough parts to restore the parts saw I got to restore dads 041.

I just picked this up from my neighbor for $25. He couldnt get it to run right. I cleaned the plug, put new gas in and it runs like a champ. Its a loud little bugger. I ordered a NOS front handle with rubber grip, NOS guide plates, and bumper spike. It came with an original hard case too.

These are not super old but are to me (I was born in '86). Here is my dad's 041 that I redid for him for xmas. It fell off the tractor and the rear handle, front handle, clutch cover and top cover were crushed. That was about 15 yrs ago. I snuck it out from underneath the bench and bought a parts saw to piece it back together. Once I got spark back, it fired right up. He had no idea. I am also putting together enough parts to restore the parts saw I got to restore dads 041.

I just picked this up from my neighbor for $25. He couldnt get it to run right. I cleaned the plug, put new gas in and it runs like a champ. Its a loud little bugger. I ordered a NOS front handle with rubber grip, NOS guide plates, and bumper spike. It came with an original hard case too.

I bet you are dad's favourite boy what a very nice gesture good onya well done:clap:

Nice looker there Carl. From what information I've been able to find, they were in buisness from about 56 to 59. Trams was a sister company. Made just north of Chicago I think. Wish some ne're do wells would come my way.

ysugypy2.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Nice looker there Carl. From what information I've been able to find, they were in buisness from about 56 to 59. Trams was a sister company. Made just north of Chicago I think. Wish some ne're do wells would come my way.
Don't worry about you:D I wish we had same of these saws in Ozz:cry:

I just bought this 031 av. The saw has never been used . The oil tank has never had oil in it . There is a few scrathes from being moved around for 30-40 years . Can anybody tell me what it is worth? If I had to guess the saw has only ran for minutes. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20140117_155205_642.jpg
    IMG_20140117_155205_642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20140117_155150_162.jpg
    IMG_20140117_155150_162.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back