Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this looks like a good spot to get into to the chatter again, after a bit of an absence - though I've always been more of a lurker - lol.

I'm still a bit green compared to a lot of you sage fellows, but I'm getting there, and having fun.

Noticed a few fellow Nova Scotians - a tip of the hat to you, lads.

I recently bought a large collection, mainly middleweights, but a few of various makes pushing 100cc+

Don't ! Surely someone's interested. I have an EZ6 and a Super Zip, no bars.. Any numbers stamped on them ?
yes one is homelite 520 23,and the other is the same exept a stamp of 18
Im sure the are the lengths ,sorry the 18 inch looks as though it has been mounted as the red
diagonal stripe on the nose is wearing off.the bars are fat and round,with a manufacturing hole
near the end of the nose , nice gleeming sheen on them,

Without finding out for sure, I'm guessing the bar is the same. Checked cscc and no bar mount info mentioned.

I need to take stock of mine and see if I have something worth restoring there.

Perhaps we can work something out.

Without finding out for sure, I'm guessing the bar is the same. Checked cscc and no bar mount info mentioned.

yes, I dont advertise or sell much but I dont want to discard something of

Yes, most certainly,I dont want to dispose of a vintage piece that would outfit
an old saw.I sell very little and wont want much for them .Call me at 250 767 3168
if you have a phone plan Keith aka president

No worries at all Keith, I prefer to barter most times. I bought a collection recently that was all or none. Over 100 saws at the moment. I'll end up with about 1/4 of that when I'm done, but I say that now.. Haha who knows.

I'm out of town until the weekend. When I get back, I'll check over my old Homelites and make sure I have something worth restoring. If so, I'll get in touch about the bars..

Thank you very much,

Jason

Yeah it's a beauty. I'll be interested to learn how similar it is to my pair of old brutes. I already have seen they share a lot of design and parts.

Five horsepower at 20 lbs with gear drive reduction, you can count the teeth as the chain revolves at WOT....

WOW. I've never experienced anything like that.

Largest Homie I've had running is a C-51.
My Super Zip is seized, but relatively complete.
The EZ 6 is missing recoil and air filter housing.

Not sure what the best way to proceed with them is yet. I'll at least get the Zip soaking and see if she frees up.

WOW. I've never experienced anything like that.

Largest Homie I've had running is a C-51.
My Super Zip is seized, but relatively complete.
The EZ 6 is missing recoil and air filter housing.

Not sure what the best way to proceed with them is yet. I'll at least get the Zip soaking and see if she frees up.

I have run the 9-23`s they are a lot bigger, weigh 23 lbs and had 100 cc`s, some say they made 9 hp.

0.C6

Back