Any good 70cc ish saws at a decent price and warranty for Under $800.00 new.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but that is a pretty big place......kind of difficult to recommend a dealer that might be close...could be here...Adanac Road, Milton, MA

True, it's quite a bit bigger than here and were almost as big as the continental US.
Pretty cool that those in the US, Canada or Oz can jump in our cars, drive for days and days and days at the speed limit and yet everyone still speaks the same lingo, uses the same currency, etc.
'Course if anyone in Australia drives too far in any direction at all we just drop into the ocean, not another country. :laugh:

Just for my own knowledge... is Adanac where I assumed it was earlier? Between Cardiff and Wilberforce?

Belleville.

hmmm...

I'm from Tweed originally. My first house was in Belleville. Small world.

There is a Dolmar dealer in Belleville... never dealt with them but here's the number (613) 967-2731

The Stihl Dealer in Madoc has a good mechanic there if you ever need one. Not sure what the guys in Belleville are like.

Last edited:
I sold my new 372XP because I could not keep up with it. I am old and Gimpy and could not justify a $800 dollar saw sitting around. I got my 7900 from a logging operation after 2 years of use for $300. I can justify that and it is god awful strong. I have a 85cc BB kit sitting on the shelf. I used it for the first time last week end and it is love at first use. Starts easy, great AV and as much power as my Poulan 8500 without the weight. Nothing not to like about them.

Well If thats is the case. I would be more than happy to pay a fair price for that poulan:msp_wink:

Considering your location....

There is a Partner Pioneer 5000+ Listed in Kijiji right now for $90.

Its not what you are looking for but its a hell of a 50cc saw if its working right. Eventually you will get CAD and you will be sad you missed out on a good opportunity.

Just sayin.

I picked up a PP5020AV Poulan Pro 52cc, Its starts up first pull and runs perfectly out of the box it will hold me over until I get my 70 ish class saw.
Thanks.

I finally got to see one of those today. Had to go into TSC and wanted to look at the johnnyreds, and there was the poulan sitting there. I know the guys who have them, mostly, so far like them. Seems nice. Little big for 50 ccs but seems solid. 200 clams or a little under brand new...aint too bad. I am sure it will cut all the firewood you want unless you are constantly in giant wood.

Last edited:
365 x torq

The 365 x torq has 71.7 cc engine. Has restrictor that detunes saw. Easily removed. 365 x torq with 20" bar and chain $598 Huntsville, Alabama. Just got mine back from MM and its impressive.

Well If thats is the case. I would be more than happy to pay a fair price for that poulan:msp_wink:

Ha, nice try but I'm not so sure that's the case in reality, especially in big wood. At least the Poulan can oil a 32" bar properly.

I have one of both and maybe we should try them out together just to see next week. :laugh:

for 70cc, the Jonsered 2166! $699 at tractor supply, its the best deal around!

The 365 x torq has 71.7 cc engine. Has restrictor that detunes saw. Easily removed. 365 x torq with 20" bar and chain $598 Huntsville, Alabama. Just got mine back from MM and its impressive.

The OP is in Canada fella's ;)

The OP is in Canada fella's ;)

That's why this site is so amazing. With FedEx its possible to get deals outside of ones neighborhood. A saw a friend of mine wanted was purchased by someone in Australia before my friend made up his mind.

Ha, nice try but I'm nt so sure that's the case in reality, especially in big wood. At least the Poulan can oil a 32" bar properly.

I have one of both and maybe we should try them out together just to see next week. :laugh:

We will see. I am scrambling to get my big Mac back together.

That's why this site is so amazing. With FedEx its possible to get deals outside of ones neighborhood. A saw a friend of mine wanted was purchased by someone in Australia before my friend made up his mind.

Australia eh ?

That's like the arse end of the world, do they have trees there ? :monkey:

:D

We tend to use USPS, usually much cheaper than Fedex or UPS, although I've had some stuff sent DHL and it's been very reasonable. :)

Back