Any idea what kind of tree this mulberry-like one is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaxterB

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of a tree this is? (see pics)
I was guessing maybe a fruitless mulberry (it has only leaves).

Leaves get bright yellow in fall and seems to do remarkably well without much extra water.

Thanks for any suggestions!

BB

Attachments

• mystery tree.jpg
    mystery tree.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 94
The male ones also don't leave ****** berries everywhere to rot and piss off your neighbors. God damned mulberry trees, super high BTU tree though.

The male ones also don't leave ****** berries everywhere to rot and piss off your neighbors. God damned mulberry trees, super high BTU tree though.

Brief but accurate description. May I add they grow everywhere you don't want them and and have a serius root system if you ever try to dig them.

Thanks everyone!

It's a really beautiful tree and provides a lot of shade (which is why I wanted to know what kind)

And I think you guys already answered my next question:
Does this look like one of its roots? (see new picture)

It had to be cut for a fence post that was outside of its canopy, having grown under a cinder block wall no less. So that sounds like the "root system" referred to. And now that it was mentioned, I do recall seeing some milky white being exuded.

But I was still wondering if anyone can confirm whether this root is definitely the male mulberry as suspected?

BB

Attachments

• IMG_8467.JPG
    IMG_8467.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 22
Back