Any love for the Poulan 25DA and variants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted up one of the Allis Chalmers saws on eBay today and it sold in just hours with a buy it now. I was surprised. I will have to get the other one photographed and posted up too. (I have two of the AC ones.)
That's where the Tim Allen 3450 is headed as well if no one on the AS bites on it.
I have a rear tank handle for a Husqvarna 55 on eBay and when it said I needed to prepare a shipment, I assumed that was what sold. It's ironic that I've stumbled into these collector saws because that's definitely not my forte or interest. If I do as well on the second AC saw as the first, I'll make an adjustment of some sort with the guy I got em from. Not required, just want to treat him fairly.

It's not the saw guys that want the old A/C, Ford, MF, and to a lesser degree JD (because there are so many of em out there) saws, it's the classic tractor guys wanting to accessorize their collections.

I've cut quite a bit with the Poulan 2000 and variants but not sure I've used this version very much. I was impressed today with how snotty the thing was. Went through the 5" pine log I was cutting pretty slick. I cut probably 25 cookies with it and it was cranking em out. This one has sold as there's bids and no reserve on it but I still have one more left that's together. That one is the green Poulan branded Poulan. lol.
I think the Poulan name only went on about half the saws that company built.
I'm pretty sure I can't expect to get anywhere near the price out of a green Poulan that these Allis Chalmers saws are bringing... I'm thinking the Poulan might bring $50-$60 on CL.

My only gripe about these saws is that the filter cover has to be removed to adjust the carb.

I've got two of them on my bench right now. One needs a carb kit and a duckbill valve on the fuel cap (anyone know a part number for one that will work?) The second one is torn down for new seals and gaskets, but I need to track down a new loop handle and a missing fuel cap.
These saw have a ton of torque, and a have a nice snappy throttle response. Although the DA version vibrates like a bat out of hell, it's a great saw; lots of bang for your buck!

I'm looking to replace a chain bar and chain on my poulan 25DA. I don't want to replace the sprocket. The sprocket is stamped 1/4. The drive sprocket has 9 teeth. Do any of you kind fellows have any suggestions?

Just finished repairing a friends AC .75-A that needed a new fuel line, air filter, and flywheel.
It starts easy and just plain sounds like a saw should. The saw has 2 bars in the case, both 1/4".
Don't think much of the foam air filter or the placement of the carburetor adjustments, but it's a nice unit none the less.

I have a few
7203d7ee53180f8f0e69055658643249.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a replacement duckbill at my husqvarna dealer about a month ago for a 25 anti-vibe saw I think it was a buck or so I bought three or four just to have around not knowing if it would go out of stock.
I saved the part number I think I’ll try and post tomorrow I’m not at home now.
The little star washer to hold in place was not available anymore so I had to very carefully use the old one over again

Robin, that was the second style of muffler. It is quieter then the first. :innocent:View attachment 624743
My ears won't take that kind of "muffler." I had a Homelite XL12 that had the stack muffler and I had to take it off and put the tin muffler on it..I have a XXV with the alloy muffler and it's normally loud too but it has bad compression now so it's pretty quiet..

Latest posts

Back