Any Stihl 650 magnum owners out there???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
There is exactly a $100 difference at list between similarly equipped models of the 650 and 660, on all bar lengths from 16 inches (yes, it's a option) .....

15" is standard over here on the MS660, the 650 isn't offered.

SawTroll said:
15" is standard over here on the MS660, the 650 isn't offered.

Just like with the 341 - it's not offered in the USA. They just introduce the intermediate models in markets where they "perceive" the need to meet a competing price point. Do we really need the MS210, 230 AND 250? They all weight about the same, cost the same to produce, and... The 230 doesn't get much shelf space..

Drives dealers nuts with so many models... especially in blowers and trimmer/brush cutters.

Enough Andy...

Does anyone actually use an MS660 with a 16 (or 15) bar? I can't think of using it with that length here... Unless it was the only saw left on the truck. Maybe it's just the kickback testing that qualifies it with that short a bar,

Lakeside53 said:
... Does anyone actually use an MS660 with a 16 (or 15) bar? I can't think of using it with that length here... ...
:hmm3grin2orange: I can't imagine anyone use it that way here either, I believe it's just marketing, to make the saw look as cheap as possible in the catalog.

I believe the most common setup on the 660 here is the 20" PMX setup, for milling and log-house building.

Latest posts

Back