Anybody got an Echo 750EVL...and a camera...and a kind heart ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wainohg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I got what I thought was a great deal on an old Echo 750EVL a while back. It will start up and idle but would not throttle up. When I took the cover off I found when the trigger was pressed, the throttle linkage just pushed out sideways and didn't open the carb. I tried every which way I could think of and couldn't make it work so finally decided it must have the wrong linkage. Baileys listed a new linkage as available so I ordered one. It came in today and it was not quite the same as was on it, however I cannot get it to lineup either. I sure would like to see what one looks like on a working 750EVL. If someone that had one could take a picture of their carb and linkage set up and send to me, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks.

So I got what I thought was a great deal on an old Echo 750EVL a while back. It will start up and idle but would not throttle up. When I took the cover off I found when the trigger was pressed, the throttle linkage just pushed out sideways and didn't open the carb. I tried every which way I could think of and couldn't make it work so finally decided it must have the wrong linkage. Baileys listed a new linkage as available so I ordered one. It came in today and it was not quite the same as was on it, however I cannot get it to lineup either. I sure would like to see what one looks like on a working 750EVL. If someone that had one could take a picture of their carb and linkage set up and send to me, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks.

I've got one up in the attic. If you PM me with an addy, I'll e-mail you a pic. I could never figure out how to post pics here.

Latest posts

Back