anybody heard of an age requirement to purchase 2-stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cityboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to the local big box store for some oil and while checking out at the self-serve aisle my purchase was temporarily halted until an employee could verify I was 18 yrs old or older. Never heard of this before, is this a new Calif law, or did somebody at Lowe's screw up a computer database entry?

Went to the local big box store for some oil and while checking out at the self-serve aisle my purchase was temporarily halted until an employee could verify I was 18 yrs old or older. Never heard of this before, is this a new Calif law, or did somebody at Lowe's screw up a computer database entry?

Yes, any of the large stores seem to do that now.

Young dudes hate to be carded...offended..."you don't think I'm 21"..??

Middle age women LOVE :msp_wub: to be carded...smile ear to ear..!!

:cheers:
J2F

heck i buy the echo power blend by the case,, get 1 helluva buzz when you snort it,, it makes you do stupid things like having sex with a porcupine or use a cactus to wipe your azz,,, the other night i snorted 2 bottles,,1 each side,, and i had the urge to punch a 3000pd bull in the face,, none of that would have happened if they would have just carded me:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

I bought auto winter windshield-washer fluid today at WallyWorld. The register stopped on it with some age question for the cashier to key in. I'm a 50 year old, grey-haired, fat guy. It took the cashier a fraction of a second to look at me and bypass the screen.

If you were asked for I.D., be glad.

I bought auto winter windshield-washer fluid today at WallyWorld. The register stopped on it with some age question for the cashier to key in. I'm a 50 year old, grey-haired, fat guy. It took the cashier a fraction of a second to look at me and bypass the screen.

If you were asked for I.D., be glad.

Nope, I'm an old fart too, so if someone had been ringing up my stuff it would have probably gone unnoticed. But since it was a self-serve line the register flashed some kind of warning that required an override by a living, breathing employee. I couldn't believe it.

The way this country is going pretty soon you'll need a permit to take a #### in your own house, just trying to protect the environment, you know.

So WTF, are teenagers getting high on hydro-carbons these days? Or does it contain some compound used in making meth?

Bought a pellet gun at Wally World figured they would need ID but no. Guess I am starting on the down hill side age wise now.

Back