Anybody like Carlton chain anymore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Carlton chain is notisably cruder made than Oregon and Stihl Chain, and it lacks the low-vibe chassis.

All chain need to be filed (and rakers checked) when new, but Carlton surely are more in need than Oregon and Stihl.

Hopefully both Carlton and Windsor chain will be rebranded Oregon in the future, as Blount owns all 3 brands by now.....

The Windsor name is no longer in the US. Carlton brand now has Windsor bars and Carlton chain under the Carlton label.

Carlton was bought out by Oregon 2 or 3 years ago......so you can call it Oregon.....Hahahahaha!

Was sponsored by Carlton for years. A1 and A3 is good chain. No faster than Oregon when made into race chain.......but no slower either. Stihl chain was no faster either.....just harder!

My experience: Carlton doesn't have the name Oregon does, but Oregon doesn't have the product Carlton does.

Oregon rep has tried MANY times to convert me to them with the "it's the biggest selling chain, you're volume will go up on name alone" line. BUT, I convert every person who tries Carlton and from then on they are mine, as no one else here deals it.

Carlton chain is complete and utter garbage.

Anytime I get a saw wearing a loop of Carlton it comes right off and goes in the scrap pile.

Worthless. Just absolutely worthless.

Send me your scrap pile there chucker.. it still cuts:D.

The only chain that carleton had that I really think could be improved is. 325 chisel... them cutters are so short, I don't see how they clear chips at all :eek:

Back