Anybody own or use a chainsaw on a stick?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took a demo unit home from the store. all i can say is this,you can make a whole bunch of clean-up work for yourself.........in about 15minutes.

Depending on your area and needs you maybe able to rent/hire one. Perhaps a cost savin option, heck if it fails which they do often over time just take it back no cost.

I don't know, the cost of the pole saw for me is zero, zip, nada since I filch it from my neighbor.:hmm3grin2orange:

However I do all the maintenance on it and he is a terror on equipment and keep it running for him. He doesn't eve try to do anything to his chainsaw, pole saw and ExMark mower, he just brings it over to me.:biggrinbounce2:

:agree2: 110%

Less damage to the tree and wound will heal over with time.
If you cut to far out it can't heal over, then the short piece
of limb will rot all the way into the tree.

TT

If I could add one more thing. With a chainsaw one is tempted to cut branches off flush with the trunk for a more "finished" look. However if the cut is oval in shape rather than round, you have cut into the collar which makes a much larger area to heal over.:chainsawguy:

Tips for proper pruning:
HOW to Prune Trees

The pole saw is a ton safer than trying to stand on a ladder with a chainsaw. I find the pole saw is indespensible for making thinning cuts in my apple orchard. BTW, after falling off a conventional step ladder I purchased a Stokes 10' three legged orchard ladder. It's amazing how stable these are on hillsides since the base is 46 1/2" wide.

Heavy Duty Tripod Orchard Ladders | Stokes Ladders

Back