Anybody seen this splitting axe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
attachment.php

It doesn’t split big elm or big oak but it splits ash, olive, red elm, or anything that has straight grain real good.

When you hit the wood it fly’s to both sides, I had to move away from the shop the wood kept hitting the wall.

It doesn’t split big elm or big oak but it splits ash, olive, red elm, or anything that has straight grain real good.

When you hit the wood it fly’s to both sides, I had to move away from the shop the wood kept hitting the wall.

I have found that after a good sharpening it works much better in difficult wood to split. I was extremely impressed with it's performance until I got my first Fiskars.

And yes, it's the perfect splitting axe if you want to feel like Paul Bunyan. If ya really wind up and hit it hard the chunks go flying! It's pretty inefficient to split wood like that because you scatter the wood everywhere, but still impressive. You learn to read the wood and try to hit it just hard enough to split it.

I have found that after a good sharpening it works much better in difficult wood to split. I was extremely impressed with it's performance until I got my first Fiskars.

And yes, it's the perfect splitting axe if you want to feel like Paul Bunyan. If ya really wind up and hit it hard the chunks go flying! It's pretty inefficient to split wood like that because you scatter the wood everywhere, but still impressive. You learn to read the wood and try to hit it just hard enough to split it.

I most likly will be screwing it to the wall.

I have an axe for small stuff, a 6 pound maul and a 8 pound maul, if the wood gives me any trouble at all I fire up the 12ton splitter.

I found the thing at a yard give away, some old guy passed on and his family was giving away everything that had no great value, you know the things the old guy like to play with, just like the rest of us.

I went home got my wood truck picked up everything they were giving and brought it home.

Man I really hate people like that, money grubbing -------------------------….

My dad gave me one years ago (he was a estate sale addict). I've never used it because I have a hydraulic splitter and do mainly cottonwood and elm.

Latest posts

Back