Anyone advertise on golf score cards?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you're right. Might be a better crowd than I get from restaurant place mats which seem to be only read by elderly widows who want to complain about their dead husbands planting "all these trees and now I have to deal with them".
Phil

I am trying it too, the same company. I forgot all about it, I will have to stop by the golf course and grab one. I got them down a little lower and for two years. I am trying one thats called canned ads they have boards with ads in bathrooms at local bars and restaurants. I know thats working, I just got a job from it today.

We sponsor a hole at one of our local golf courses. They have a sign on the tee box with our logo and # on it!

Sounds like a good idea..the pefect demographic for advertising to. I might look into that as well. One company called recently about advertising in the members' news letters, but the score cards would be much better. Most golfers I know, (I don't play) keep their score cards to monitor if their game is improving, or to brag to their friends.

I play a lot of golf out my way, seen and have never seen a score card with an add. If the course was maxed out every day they would run about 50/60 4sums a day and that is on a perfect day (never happens). It's more like on average 30/35 4sums on an average weekend day. My numbers are based on a report done by University ofTennessee, they are rounded but very close. National average is 3000 rounds per month divided by 4 equals 750 score cards used per month + more for 2 sums and singles, but singles don't keep score. Here in Phila. 8 months of golf per year. 8x750 =6000 score cards. I'm sure they have cases of score cards.

I hope it works for you, I just think its gonna be a hard sell to the golf course. Let us know how it works out.

I am an avid golfer and play around 140 rounds a year which is quiet a bit for Wisconsin. If there are ads on any scorecards on courses I have played, I wouldn't know because no one would pay attention to them other than writing down scores and figuring out wagers.

Hope this helps with your advertising decision.

Sounds like a good price, hard to go wrong and worth taking a gamble on in my opinion. When I was running an engineering company years ago in a small mining town my company sponsored the golf club by buying all the glasses for the bar. We had our logo put on them. They got replaced as needed each year and it wasn't cheap, from memory it was a few thousand. We also contributed to the pot for the annual tournament. Didn't win us any work directly, but all our work was B2B and the management at the places that were our customers played on the course so it paid.

A lot of business gets done on golf courses, depending on the course and who the clients are. If it's a high end course and the players are company owners then there's a good chance to pickup some commercial work that way. It's a dirty world though, a lot of those guys are happy to award you contracts in return for money in pockets or getting work done at their own houses for free etc....

I have seen plenty of score cards over the years and a lot will depend on the placement of the ad. Some cards have room along the bottom of the scoring side or even at the top of the card which allows the scorer and the person in their cart to see the ad more frequently, others have ad space only on the very back of the card which is looked at only for course handicap or course rating. I would check first to see where placement of your ad will be before agreeing to sign on.

Back