Anyone else burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm already on about my 5th morning fire to take the chill out of the house. We have had several nights in the upper 30's(f) low 40's(f). Been burning some really dry de-barked poplar.

imm not quite there yet... hopefully picking up a chimney sweep brush tonight from tsc if they have them in stock yet. its coming!

Wow that's pretty cold for this time of year!

We've hit the upper 40's a couple nights but mostly lower 50's and still getting to 75ish during the day.

Was up in Northern Ontario last week.
The nights and mornings were cool. Had the fireplace stoked in the Cabin three times. Loved it.
Now, the girls were not impressed with the cooler temps. They would have preferred to be on the beach in the middle of summer.

Anywhere from 48-52 the past week or so here at nights. Not even close to burning. Still running fans in the windows at night. The wife is going through "change of life" and hotflashing to no end. :msp_mad:

44 degrees when I woke up 2 days ago. I really wished I had a wood stove in the house. There are certainly disadvantages to an OWB and that is one of them. Once I fire it up it stays lit through the winter. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather of fall.

Yet? We have been burning all year because we heat the water in two different places. One of the places, the water needs to be 170 degrees so that makes a big difference on the electric bill.

No way as hot as this summer was cold mornings feel good.:biggrin:

Oh man, been there...lived through that!

God bless you.

rep sent...just because....

Same here except she is now disabled, 76 and complains "I'm cold" and a bit later "I'm hot" and the thermometer says there has been at most a 1 degree change. I can usually get by on hot days with just the furnace fan on constant with only an occasional burst of the A/C kicking in.
Somewhere near 20 days in a row over 90 with a couple touching a 100. Heat wave broke during he night and we are supposed to be back toseasonal (low 80s or below) for the next 10 days

Did have one evening fire a week ago. Hot, hot hot all day but the temp in evening was kissing 40.

Harry K

It does warm up during the day, if it was up to me I would not warm the house up in the morning, but my wife and daughter are always cold in the morning. The problem is leaving the windows open at night. I don't care I like building a fire.

Been running the E-classic for over 2 weeks as I finally ran out of the propane we got 3 years ago. Just hot water now but will be pool heat before it's closed for the season.

Not yet, but guessing it will be another extreme for the winter heating season. Last winter, extreme mild, then the beastly hot summer still hanging around..but I think this winter will be colder and more snowy. Evenings and nights getting cooler earlier it seems. It's like all the seasons shifted at least a month early.

Hopefully I can beat the mud again. It is sorta muddy but I can get down in there, got one real big, several big, several mediums and tons of small trees to get out soon.

Not even close, today is the first day in weeks that its not in the 90's. Nights are only barely breaking into the 50's. Usually ends up being Oct before we start worrying about fires in the stove. Do need to run the brush thru the chimney before then.

Keep the OWB going year round for hot water but haven't turned up the t-stat yet. Hope I don't have to for a while.

Fired up the old Dragon in the shed last weekend to simmer down 16 qt of (semi) hot sauce.

The little woman says my stuff stinks up her house, so used up the left over Cherry that was out there and simmered the sauce down for 3 hours.

Priceless!

Couple weekend the Cayenne and Habaneros should be ripe. That stuff will be a must to simmer out there.

Not yet, but guessing it will be another extreme for the winter heating season. Last winter, extreme mild, then the beastly hot summer still hanging around..but I think this winter will be colder and more snowy. Evenings and nights getting cooler earlier it seems. It's like all the seasons shifted at least a month early.

Hopefully I can beat the mud again. It is sorta muddy but I can get down in there, got one real big, several big, several mediums and tons of small trees to get out soon.

I can hardly imagine anyone in Georgia needing heat, lol :) I will probably be ice fishing before you take the a/c out of the window.

Latest posts

Back