Anyone else burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it gets cold in the house wood goes in the stove .

July we did not start a fire but we have had several in the past few weeks when it calls for it.

We don't put restrictions on when the house has to feel comfortable and peer pressure from nosey neighbors don't dictate when we burn our wood .

This time of year though its just jack pine that gets burned.

Coldfront; Ifn' yer dog and da womens have run off and left ya cold at night in bed, have no chill, you can get plenty of heat from some hard wood.

Place an order for one o' dem inflatable mail order hors de wives, then, run you some lines from the OWB, special mixture now, (water/glycol/ky) and when she comes in the door you modify a couple of her ' appendages' to accept the new lines, fill her up good with that hot fluid of yers and once she's a purrin, you should be all set to stay plenty warm in bed this winter.

Best part, she's cheap ,replaceable , quiet, hot in bed and doesn't b.it.ch up a storm when you want to replace her when she starts to sag or get some wrinkles.

Heating? The A/C is still in the window and I don't even start wearing pants until Nov. 1

Three fires so far.. Supposed to warm up to the high 60's low 70's the rest of this week.. No need for a fire then.. Wife is prego, due the end of Nov. Im sure i will be using extra wood this year.. :msp_unsure:

Been pretty cold over here in Scotland of late so had the fire going. New saw arrived this week so itching to restock the pile.

If the weather forecast holds up I'll probably light her up Friday and the OWB will burn till spring. Won't really need it during the day but the nights and early morns will be chilly. Best part is that it only takes a couple big pieces a day to keep the temp up.

We're not even close to firing up the wood stove here in East Central Minnesnowta, yet. Jeez, it was 90 degrees yesterday.

It's coming, though ... There is no doubt about that.

I just looked at the weather forecast. Frost Thursday night going down to 28f. Time to put more wood up on the porch. I believe that will be our first frost of the season.

Going by all the signs and omens in my copy of old zogger's almanac, I do hereby predicteth a colder than normal winter. All my cats are heavy into growing their winter fur already. This is way early for them. And we are getting a good drop of fall leaves already, the creek is low, with a lot of standing pools, and it is covered in leaves today, ye3sterday, not so much.

the better news, I was taking inventory of my in the yard branch and scrap/bummer wood piles and have at least a month to a month and half worth of wood right there, without touching anything in the stacks. I'm doing little fires with that now, in the evenings, just a light load. And I found another real nice standing dead oak today, meaning I have three full trees waiting and one *fat* trunk to cut soon.

I'm finishing up haying this week and have some work over on the broiler farm, but after that I'll be caught up and can get back to cutting!

I'm already on about my 5th morning fire to take the chill out of the house. We have had several nights in the upper 30's(f) low 40's(f). Been burning some really dry de-barked poplar.

High 40's and my wife still has a fan in the window. :mad: Change of life. :angry2:

No way. Just now getting into the 50's at night and still hitting 80's during the day. Plus with mine being an OWB once I fire it up it will be going until spring. Hell I don't even all my wood put in the shed yet! :cry:

Back